Need something different...as far as a route

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbrowles

Reaction score
Do to the state of the auto industry, I am required to take two weeks off before I wanted. I really wanted two months, but I guess I will take two weeks.

I am shooting out to Michigan (from Maryland) to see some friends around the 29th. The question is where to go from there. I have been to the Blue Ridge/Skyline Drive three times. I rode from Michigan to the UP and the out to Glacier National Park and Yellowstone. I have also gone from Michigan to Ontario and then on to Nova Scotia.

I am a putzer. Those trips were almost three weeks each (landing in Maine during tropical storm Floyd was interesting but still a good trip) and on a Goldwing. I am thinking seeing some friends I haven't seen in two years so may stay in Michigan a couple of days. Where to go from there? I need some suggestions. I doubt I will tent the whole trip unless I get creative with packing the FJR.

Any suggestions on "you gotta see this" would be appreciated. I guess I am thinking south of MI...guess...not sure... who knows with me.

Do to the state of the auto industry, I am required to take two weeks off before I wanted. I really wanted two months, but I guess I will take two weeks.
I am shooting out to Michigan (from Maryland) to see some friends around the 29th. The question is where to go from there. I have been to the Blue Ridge/Skyline Drive three times. I rode from Michigan to the UP and the out to Glacier National Park and Yellowstone. I have also gone from Michigan to Ontario and then on to Nova Scotia.

I am a putzer. Those trips were almost three weeks each (landing in Maine during tropical storm Floyd was interesting but still a good trip) and on a Goldwing. I am thinking seeing some friends I haven't seen in two years so may stay in Michigan a couple of days. Where to go from there? I need some suggestions. I doubt I will tent the whole trip unless I get creative with packing the FJR.

Any suggestions on "you gotta see this" would be appreciated. I guess I am thinking south of MI...guess...not sure... who knows with me.
Lots of nice roads in southeast Ohio to ride,,, Rt 676 out of Marietta is one of my favorites ,,,

If you come into Ohio via I-70 hit ST RT 7 South. While on ST RT 7 if you see a ST RT to the right, take it. You will not be disapointed.

If you check out rideohio.org there is are many route suggestions for different areas of the state.

SR 78 is one of my favorites - for faster speeds. The "triple nickel" (SR555) is also a nice route - for slower speeds.