Need your assistance - SS1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for not getting this up sooner, but i am working.

at 5:45 cst, they were past Mobile, AR, with 10 hours into it.

Quick update...more to follow with a detailed ride report. We made it in 16.5 hrs...and it was a blast!! Going for BBG in the near future. Horatio6 did it on a stock windshield and saddle and has only had his 08 FJR A for 2 months. He did well.

Thanks for all the support from those that provided it! Michelle, your "cheerleading" at the end was appreciated.

3 day trip back home begins on Sunday. Destin, FL, League City, TX and then to home.

Rex

Sent from I-phone

Your welcome Rex! This is very impressive for someone who just started riding this past fall! A big congratulations to you!

They are in Destin for the evening. He called me from Perry just about lunchtime, and we talked about their route, decided I would meet them at Burger King in Blountstown and go with them to Destin. I had more time to the meet than they did, so I had a leisurely lunch and headed out. Getting there, I'm slowing to turn right into the parking lot, and one of them is turning left from the other direction, the other one just turned in. We missed our rendezvous by 6 seconds! Actually, since I turned in between them, I'd say it was perfect!

I suggested a route change to stay inland and avoid tourist traffic and congestion on 98, so we stayed on SR20 and took the Mid-Bay Bridge across the water to Destin. I'd misremembered the amount of the toll and we were unprepared, had to pull over in front of the gate and dig out some bucks. Oops. Bad intel!

Before that, SR 20 ran right along the bay, and I pulled us over for a quick look, some "tourguide" speeches, and pics. Since they could only take pics of each other during their riding, these might be the only en route pics of both of them.

Ranger (Rex) in the middle, Horatio (Darryl) on the right.

DSC_0394b.jpg

We had heavy traffic into Destin, turns out there was an wreck at a turn lane opposite us that shoved a car into one of our lanes, so traffic was one lane through that. Then a last map check as to where exactly the place they were headed was, and we got there about 4:45, 5:00 somewhere in there.

Same order. They look tired.

DSC_0396b.jpg

I did 215 miles on the day, out to meet them, ride along, then home. It was a great day weatherwise, but we only did straight and flat. I didn't ask if they wanted anything else, because they were a bit loaded --- the bikes, not them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Rex and Darryl! :yahoo:

Great job! Looks like the BBG won't be too much of a stretch for you after doing the SS1000 in almost BBG pace.

Congrats Rex, Well done.
Thanks man! Was thinking about you while on the ride (not in the Odot sick kind of way :huh: ). Appreciate your remarks!

Congrats Rex and Darryl! :yahoo:
Great job! Looks like the BBG won't be too much of a stretch for you after doing the SS1000 in almost BBG pace.

Appreciate it stryg8r. We discussed it and we will do the BBG this time next year. We will throw out the invite for anyone that wants to go with us. And, btw...we will most likely keep it in Texas or go north/northwest (maybe Colorado) on the next one.

A more detailed ride report as said earlier will be coming. Darrell is working up a webpage ride report.

Thanks again for all the support.

Here is one pic of many to follow:

(Cold Bravos celebrating the completion)

IMG_0252.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts