NERDS 2012 Tech-Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the front and rear brake fluid flush the other day with the help of my brother. Went very smooth and the rear fluid was much cleaner looking than the front....likely because the front brake gets used much harder than the back brake. Will do the clutch side soon but the fluid there still looks great and I need a smaller hose so fluid doesn't leak out when bleeding out from the straight up pointing bleeder.

Thanks for the info on here guys!

I dunno, seems like this could be pretty complex considering the klowns who will be assisting.. Thankfully Bill won't be there to get in the way so I bet something like this should only take a few hours..

Umm three calipers should only need 3 bleeders. Several peeps here sell them..

The End
I'll be flying back to the Great White North on Wednesday from Munich so I'll have to wait until Tech Day IV to laugh at your wiring attempt of your aux lights.
Ain't going to see it happen there Bill :(

My back has me laid up for another 2 weeks, not likely we are going to make it...

In need of new rubber for my FJR and wondering if anyone near Stowe would be ok having my tires shipped to their place so I could have them put on when I get down there?? Thinking of the Michelin Pilot Road 2's from Competition Accessories for $272 front and rear shipped. Thanks and any suggestions on someone near Stowe for a mount and balance??

Ain't going to see it happen there Bill :(

My back has me laid up for another 2 weeks, not likely we are going to make it...
Aww man, I hope you get relief quickly n can make it. Everybody tells me your the life of the par-tay! And your THE Only reason why I made my resies ...well one of them anyway;)

Say it isn't so Busta?

Surely the beer & bs sessions will not be the same :(

Sorry man..Had to pull the plug on this most excellent adventure :( Things just aren't progressing as fast as I had hoped.

Seems everytime it lingers a bit longer...

Might I suggest you dine with BikerGeek "Andy" ? Just tell him to go puck hisself or puck off.. That should wind the dork up. :lol:

If you get him going I promise it will be a show you won't forget!

K, Thanks for the advice Busta. Maybe a '12 Fall ride then.

PS- I got a nurse friend that all I have to do is give her a ride ;) and I can have all the pain killers u need. Muscle relaxers probably wouldn't be a good idea for riding tho :ph34r:

Yep, definitely party with Andy. When he gets that redface beer buzz on...he gets a scary smile in his photos like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining".

And that's just one of his party tricks...

Great dude...you guys will have fun. Eat some lobsta...otay?

I do have the tools necessary to swap tires and balance them. It's not the latest-greatest hi-tech setup, but it gets the job done. I know it's gettin kinda late in the game, but if anyone's interested, you can definitely have tires sent to my house if you want. Just make sure they're guaranteed to arrive by Friday at the latest.

PM me if you want the address.

Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, here's a few pics from NERDS Tech day.

We completed 5 Throttle-body Syncs, a Brake Fluid change, and installed one LED brake light flashy-blinky thing.

Fred, the Grand Master of the Totally-Completely-Unauthorized TBS demonstrates his technique...

(check out that uber-cool home-made manometer)

IMG_1571.jpg

Let's see how hot we can get this engine.

IMG_1572.jpg

Just hangin' out.

IMG_1574.jpg

Tech day attendees bikes lined up.

IMG_1573.jpg

Ed.

That was pretty damn cool!!

Though it was pretty damn hot down in the "sync room". ;)

(Think I lost a pound or two of sweat that I soon gained back in beer)