New 2008 in dealer showroom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawabama

Reaction score
Wile prowling the local Yammie dealer, I found a new 2008 AE on the showroom floor. Got some story about it being a warehouse find. They were asking 14,500. What would be a reasonable price for a 2 year old new bike? Also, any concerns about it being 2 years old with no use? Thanks guys.

-Bama

I'm not sure of the price but you should have no issue with a brand new bike sitting for two years. Many times they leave it empty of fluids until set up or sale, not sure if it was crated for a year or so or what.

Last edited by a moderator:
--bama, do some searching around. IIRC, Yamaha is running some serious dealer incentives to move these leftovers. Folks on the forum have scored new 08 AE's for $10,000-ish with the factory warranty. There's a thread here somewhere, I'll hunt and edit with a link if I come across it.

--G

Edit -- Clicky Here and check out post #18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I just picked one up in Muskogee, OK with warranty for $10,219.00 OTD. I'll have to pay tax on it in GA but it's still under $11K. They want way to much for the one you're looking at. Then again, I've seen people still wanting $14K for 07s. They must be smoking something good.

Dude, I just picked one up in Muskogee, OK with warranty for $10,219.00 OTD. I'll have to pay tax on it in GA but it's still under $11K. They want way to much for the one you're looking at. Then again, I've seen people still wanting $14K for 07s. They must be smoking something good.
yep, idiot dealership here in New Orleans has been "sitting" on a brand new '07A wanting retail...they finally are dropping the price and I believe they would sell to get it out for $10-10.5k.

CLICKY

I saw an add on bike trader from an Oklahoma dealer last December 08 AE 9,999 OTD. I think it was the Muskogee dealer.

Oh and it was new

There is a dealer in Picayune MS that has a brand new 06 AE that they will sell for $12,900. I giggled at them when they told me that was their best deal. This is the same dealer that sells all 4 Jap brands new, but doesn't issue state inspection decals. I asked the owner what he does about that when he sells a new bike. He told me that enforcement doesn't care if MC's have inspection decals. This is the same dealer that told me when I called on the phone about cutting me a new key for an 06 FJR said "come on in we'll see what we can do." To which I ressponded "how am I supposed to interpret that? Either you can or cannot." Cycle shack in Picayune won't get any of my business. They failed me on sales, they failed me on parts, and they failed me on service. Sadly the dealership in Slidell has done much to erode my confidence.

The dealership in Muskogee, OK, Road, Track, & Trail Motorsports, were wonderful to deal with. Had they not been, even for the price, I wouldn't have driven that far. The salesman, Tom, as well as the owner, Troy and the service department were all GREAT!!! I'd buy from them again based on my experience with them thus far. Far too many dealers today act like they are doing you a favor by letting you buy a bike from them. They need to wake up and realize the economy we're in and that even if we buy at a discounted price, we're doing them the favor. I'd enjoy walking into dealers much more if they acted in the manner that R,T, &T did. I'd even buy more gear and accessories from them than online. The way you treat me goes a LONG way in how I choose to spend my hard earned dollars.

Definately asking too much.

Picked mine up last Septembber for $9900.00 plus Wisconsin Tax, title and lic. Just over $10500.00 OTD.

Just took it out of storage yesterday. Started right up and is ready to ride. Till it snows again anyway.

Good luck.

Wile prowling the local Yammie dealer, I found a new 2008 AE on the showroom floor. Got some story about it being a warehouse find. They were asking 14,500. What would be a reasonable price for a 2 year old new bike? Also, any concerns about it being 2 years old with no use? Thanks guys.
-Bama
Welcome from Florida, kawabama...picked up my 08AE 6 months ago for $10,900.00. :rolleyes:

I ain'tcha mamma but you'd better "Shop Around"...bigjimbiker :yahoo:

BTW, check the chain, it might need lubin'... :lol: :lol: :lol:

in VA, at least 1month ago, a dealer in Falls Church was selling a new 09? AE for 11K. They havent been able to sell it and they marked it way down. I bought my 09 A for 13.8K....but then again, i didnt want automatic. 14K is way too much for something that hasnt sold "as well"...IMO.

Bought my new 08AE for $10,799 about 6 weeks ago in Tulsa. It was the last one this dealer had, but many others seem to have hunted some down for similar prices.

Just got an '08 leftover AE on ebay yesterday. $10,299 OTD... no warranty though, that that will be another expense. (have to have it shipped too) It was at a dealer in GA on the AL line. I saw this thread and was afraid you would come across it on ebay so I grabbed it at the "buy it now" price!

Good luck