New 2013 FJR1300 Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Foley

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will have my 2013 FJR delivered to the house in about an hour. Lot's of research went into this purchase. It seems I read every review on every sport touring bike in existence. BMW, Triumph, Honda, Kawasaki and finally Yamaha. After seeing the FJR at the Fall motorcycle show in Dallas it got my attention and rose to the top very quickly. This forum was invaluable in helping me make my final decision. Thanks!

David Foley

Dallas, Texas

No decision remorse there. You made a wise choice that you will continue to affirm as the miles pile up.

Congrats! If you can't have the best bike every made - the Gen I FJR, than getting the 2nd best bike every made, the super-duper POS Gen III FJR isn't a bad condolence prize!
smile.png

Welcome to the nuthouse.......

Welcome and congratulations David, and good luck wiping that grin off of your face!

Congrats David...no matter what year FJR, they're still the best.

Enjoy the new '13 and do let us know how you like it!

--G

I'm Jealous. I live in Canada. My new Gen III is still at least a month away due to snow on the ground. I need to relocate.

Yes! Another FJR rider in the Dallas area! Feel like an outsider riding something not big, black and full of chrome. Now I know there's one more out there!

Congrats David. I'm thinking about upgrading from my 2010 to a new 2013 myself.

Congratulations"

I guess I'll have the one to ask: "delivered" to your home? How did that happen?

No matter how they get there, it's good. But I vividly remember the "ride home" on every motorcycle I've owned.

Hope you're having a great first weekend together!

Had it delivered to my home, as this is my first bike and I didn't have my M license. Have since completed the MSF course and obtained my license. Now I am clear to ride the parking lot of my choice for the next few weeks.

....every made....every made...condolence prize!
smile.png
Bad translation from another language?
tonguesmiley.gif

ever? consolation?
Congratulations David Foley, you will love your FJR and the 2013 model is the best Yamaha has ever produced!

20valves: Mister SkootyG Graduated from Wheaton High School, Illinois. jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

...this is my first bike and I didn't have my M license...I am clear to ride the parking lot...
Congratulations getting an awesome Gen III. Don't shoot your eye out with that thing ;) You have quite the bike for a first ride, others have done OK with this as a learner but never loose focus. If your toys can't kill you they aren't worth having.