New 2017 FJR Announced, Raven it is!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tempting, but I only have 115,000 miles on my 07 and she's just barely broken in.
wink.png

I didn't see anything new for 2017, but did notice one feature I wasn't aware of:

• Fairing-Mounted Storage
    A glove box is built into the upper fairing and includes a 12V outlet ideal for charging phones, GPS units, electric vests and other compact electrical devices.
When did they pump up the capacity of that outlet to allow for electric vest usage? Is this a Gen 3 thing? A Gen 3.5 thing?

I sense that someone's ears perked up and eyes widened.
biggrin.png

A timely announcement it would seem...
I just happen to have a fat chunk of money from my insurance burning a hole in my bank account right now... My sexy 08 was black, love the color. Gotta say though, I love the blue a lot too. So now I am in a dilemma.

I sense that someone's ears perked up and eyes widened.
biggrin.png

A timely announcement it would seem...
I just happen to have a fat chunk of money from my insurance burning a hole in my bank account right now... My sexy 08 was black, love the color. Gotta say though, I love the blue a lot too. So now I am in a dilemma.
Same bike, different color, Ken. That being said, I'd say you had much better luck with the Black one.

So tempting, but I only have 115,000 miles on my 07 and she's just barely broken in.
wink.png

I didn't see anything new for 2017, but did notice one feature I wasn't aware of:

• Fairing-Mounted StorageA glove box is built into the upper fairing and includes a 12V outlet ideal for charging phones, GPS units, electric vests and other compact electrical devices.
When did they pump up the capacity of that outlet to allow for electric vest usage? Is this a Gen 3 thing? A Gen 3.5 thing?

Guaranteed, it was a misstatement.

wink.png

• Fairing-Mounted StorageA glove box is built into the upper fairing and includes a 12V outlet ideal for charging phones, GPS units, electric vests and other compact electrical devices.

Guaranteed, it was a misstatement.
Maybe that outlet is for the electric vest that only pull 2 watts? LOL

That is the wrong place for Vests anyway. I wouldn't want a cord running from there to my gear (across or under the handlebars)

Time will tell when the fuses get fried

I bet they just aren't announcing the Black '17 A model until all the blue '16 A models are sold?
I don't recall over the years since PDP them ever splitting announcement of FJR models. They were later than usual last year seeming to hold out until the 2016 updates were solidified. Combined with no significant price increase for the AE this year--me thinks they're dropping the model like they dropped the non ABS bike in 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Black = blah. That's the reason I had to go to 3 dealers back in '08 to find an Cherry '07- the black '08 had come out and the first two dealers weren't willing to search for a leftover new '07. I've had black bikes, I think they suck.

"Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

I bet they just aren't announcing the Black '17 A model until all the blue '16 A models are sold?

I don't recall over the years since PDP them ever splitting announcement of FJR models. They were later than usual last year seeming to hold out until the 2016 updates were solidified. Combined with no price increase for the AE this year--me thinks they're dropping the model like they dropped the non ABS bike in 2006. "

Ignacio - did you mean to type "... no price increase for the ES this year..."?

Unless I am missing it, Yamaha doesn't appear to be offering the AE for 2017, although quite frankly, I am surprised to learn this.