2024 FJR1300 Announced - No Changes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen a Blue/black in person. REally great look. I know this is what... Third time around for the color combo?

Fourth. 2016, 2022, 2023, 2024.

And then the two years of the same Cobalt Blue and silver combination: 2006 and 2012.

I'm not surprised at all that it's the same cobalt blue for 2024. Yamaha's not putting any additional money into the FJR so why complicate things at all by even changing colors.

Still looking/wanting/wishing for a low mile A model, the FJR died to me in 2019. Glad to see it still going for the skinny dudes.

Is the Cobalt Blue the glossy blue like the '16 or that awful, MTV inspired, crap matte of the '18 and on?

I may be alone in this, especially being 22 years old, but I'd like it if they brought the electronics from the tracer 9 gt plus whatever the new one is with a large dash and adaptive cruise control and whatnot. I'd like it if they didn't get a huge price increase though, and I'd like them to just keep the proven and reliable drivetrain.

Right now the newest FJRs dash kind-of looks like a bit of a joke compared to other touring bikes and bikes in its price range. If I was spending 20 grand on a bike, I would get a BMW R1250RT or something similar just because the dash looks like it's 10 years out of date.. I do definitely get that some of you like the concept of "don't fix what isn't broken" and just like the simple stuff.

I may be alone in this, especially being 22 years old, but I'd like it if they brought the electronics from the tracer 9 gt plus whatever the new one is with a large dash and adaptive cruise control and whatnot. I'd like it if they didn't get a huge price increase though, and I'd like them to just keep the proven and reliable drivetrain.

Right now the newest FJRs dash kind-of looks like a bit of a joke compared to other touring bikes and bikes in its price range. If I was spending 20 grand on a bike, I would get a BMW R1250RT or something similar just because the dash looks like it's 10 years out of date.. I do definitely get that some of you like the concept of "don't fix what isn't broken" and just like the simple stuff.
Due to emissions regulations, the FJR cannot be sold in many markets and the bike's days are numbered in North America too. Yamaha won't be investing in a major upgrade of the platform as it currently stands. Perhaps, if there is a major resurgence of interest in large sport-tourers, they will re-invent the FJR with an emissions-compliant engine and updated electronics. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I figured that Canada's Black/Gold paint scheme last year meant it would be our last year for the bike here, but it appears to be here for at least one more year. I won't be buying a new one in any case, but another year of availability means that parts and support will be around that much longer.