2024 FJR1300 Announced - No Changes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to emissions regulations, the FJR cannot be sold in many markets and the bike's days are numbered in North America too. Yamaha won't be investing in a major upgrade of the platform as it currently stands. Perhaps, if there is a major resurgence of interest in large sport-tourers, they will re-invent the FJR with an emissions-compliant engine and updated electronics. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I figured that Canada's Black/Gold paint scheme last year meant it would be our last year for the bike here, but it appears to be here for at least one more year. I won't be buying a new one in any case, but another year of availability means that parts and support will be around that much longer.
Yeah. I think it's days are numbered... it sucks because it's a wildly common bike around me. They're such good bikes.

I'm now too old to be thinking about how much longer the FJR will be in production. I will ride my 2014ES until I elect to stop throwing a leg over the saddle. If I were to buy another motorcycle it will have to be shaft drive. I see no reason Yamaha cannot fit a compliant engine in the FJR frame with minor structure mods. If BMW could do it the Japanese are capable.