New Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmusk

Reaction score
D&D is now introducing another style of risers for the FJR.

Our new pullback risers straighten the FJR handlebars a total of 10 degrees, are 33% taller and substantially increase overall handlebar width. It is the riser of choice by anyone who wishes for their FJR handlebars to be straighter, taller and wider (a feature some people really like).

These risers retain the same precision, finish and good looks as our others.

Denny spent months in refining and extensive testing before settling on this specific design. FJR owners who have tested the 10 degree risers have given them a glowing report.

The new risers are NOT a replacement for our current risers but an addition to them. Each product is designed to meet specific needs.

Our website is revamped with useful, comparative information, photos and a unique, Special Offer. The Special Offer is a first of its type. https://fjr1300risers.homestead.com/

Previous D&D customers, call or write us about a special savings offer for you.

Happy Holidays to each and all of you.

Regards,

David and Denny

D&D Enterprises

My Webpage

I'm going to try them in the spring. I liked the MCLarry 6 degree risers, but thought they were a bit too high and the powder coating is poor. The lower, polished D&D's seem to be the ticket for me.

I finally removed the D&D riser/backs. My arms are long enought to reach comfortably, I feel more in touch with the front end. Have the spacers, screws and screw covers to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping for some reducers. When it rains I can hardly hunker low enough, and when I'm really zinging thru the sweepers the bar ends at 3 o'clock in my either side of my vision really distract me! I just don't need that as I'm about to dip an elbow...

I'm currently testing the new risers and can attest to them being pretty danged cool given the several hundred commuting miles I've done so far.

A little background.

I'm 6'4" tall. I've felt I didn't need risers. The stock FJR handlebars have always felt pretty comfortable to me. Comfortable enough that risers were way down on my priority list of things to get.

Denny sent a set to Warchild for an evaluation. But, since he has those super-tricky black powdercoated risers already on his project bike, Dale asked me to give them a try and came over to help with the install.

Installation was a snap (Dale is great at finding any reason to ride ;) )and he snapped a photo or two.

The detail work on these aluminum risers is impeccable! Nice brushed finish, great quality hex heads, and 4 extra Yamaha hex covers. He even chamfers the bolt heads slots under the handlebars!

DnD_risers2005.jpg

I screwed up and and accidentally rubbed one handlebar on a block and made a small mark on the block, but that's my dumbness. I'll have to get the rouge and dremel out.

Once installed I sat on the bike and two things struck me immediately:

1) The risers lets me bend my elbows a little bit more and put my reach in the middle of the sweet spot. Before I was at the edge of it being comfortable with straightened arms. Now, I have the extra inch to make it comfortable. This would also be true of the traditional risers and proof that I would purchase them.

2) I like the straighter bars. I feel more in control of the bike. It comes from my growing up on dirt bikes and snowmobiles maybe. It may also be a personal preference, but I like the feel of the bars at this angle.

Turning the bars lock to lock I found the ends didn't interfere any differently than the stock setup with my tank bag or my accessory shelf. I have the older generation V-Strom hand guards and found that the left one still bumps the shelf just the same amount. This tells me Denny did his homework in balancing out the different angles and distance shifts to be compatible with what the Yamaha engineers had in mind.

The higher hand position didn't cut into my mirror vision either.

Finally, they're made so they move the bars out perhaps a 1/2" or 3/4". I didn't notice it for a day or two, but like that increase in width.

DnD_risers2005_installed.jpg

I give the new risers a two thumbs up and recommend those that like straight bars and/or even taller people to consider purchase. :good: :good:

Next step is a real ride (which may be Spring in my corner of the world). I'm pretty sure that the mild pressure I had before between my shoulder blades on 100+ mile rides will be gone with these new risers.

You'll be amazed at the difference those risers will make.

One note: If you are contemplating a custom saddle and these risers (or Larry's), get the risers on the bike before you get fitted for the saddle! It does make a difference and DAMHIK.

Great observation by twowheelnut.

Some FJR owners' riding position was affected enough by risers they no longer felt the need for a new saddle...stock then felt pretty good.

OR... as twowheel suggested...it changes how the new saddle is fitted to them.

I have also seen risers affect other mods, like replacement windshield choice.

Handlebar position is definitely where I would start when moding the FJR. Will make other decisions easier... avoid costly false starts.

David

D&D

My Webpage