New bike pricing...........

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SD1

Reaction score
Hey all, I was pretty close to buying a new FJR about 6-7 months ago as I had seen some amazing pricing, I got distracted and thought about a BMW R1200RT for a few weeks and then just blew it off altogether. I still have a bike to ride but sure miss the FJR. I looked around last night and did not see anything close to the 11k OTD prices I had seen last fall. When do the dealers really turn them loose? Am I waiting until fall again or???

Thanks!

Moto United in La Habra, CA has one more 2015 FJR1300A for $10,999. They are great and they do not play games. I really like this family-owned business.

* https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Moto-United-2807142/listing/2015-Yamaha-FJR1300A-119339837

Make sure you ask for Adam and tell him that your friends on FJRForum.com sent you. I paid $11,000 plus AZ sales tax and registration. Plus, Adam gave me 4 years of YES extended warranty for $400 more. I am now "good to go" for five years (1 plus 4) with reliable transportation. In addition, Yamaha is offering 3.99% interest for 3 years. My payment is $325 for 3 years and then I own it!

Here is my full story: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/168118-2015-otd-price/page-4

I am so incredibly happy with my bike. I ride long distances on a regular basis (Phx to Sturgis, SD; Phx to Huntington Beach, CA; Phx to Shasta, CA; Phx to Salem, OR; etc). As a result, I put on a few farkles:

* FOBO Tire Pressure Monitors - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170542-fobo-tpms-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-group-buy/

* Day-Long Seat -- Laam is supposed to be just as good for less money

* LED passing lights -- 08FJR4ME makes these really high quality mounts! PM him to get a set of mounts. Then, you can purchase LED lights so everyone can see you!

* RAM mount hole so you can mount your GPS or Smartphone - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/171776-clutch-threaded-mount-location/

And when you buy your FJR1300, you are purchasing the most reliable motorcycle brand in the world, according to Consumer Reports: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/171807-yamaha-1-in-reliability/

Just for you to know, I switched my bike to Sport mode and I never moved it back! The FJR1300 is a wonderful bike!

UPDATE: I just checked the Yamaha website and they are offering 2.99% for 3 years! I thought that 3.99% was great. Now, it is 2.99%!

Last edited by a moderator:
'16 FJR 1300 A .... $12299'15 FJR 1300 ES .... $12999

'16 FJR 1300 ES ... $14699

here in MN for example
Joel, is the first one correct -- a '16 FJR1300A for $12299? If so, that is a rockin' price for LED lights, 6 gears, and a slipper clutch! I'm not a fan of the blue, though. I am waiting for the Black Cherry to come around again. When it is offered, it will be time to trade in my '15. Yea, I know that I have a 5 year warranty on my '15. I didn't say that I was going to make a wise financial move. I said that I want that Black Cherry color!

I realize I was looking at a 15' A last fall and decided not to pull the trigger on the non ES non 6 speed bike. Keeping my eye out for either a 16A or 16ES. I agree with most, not a huge fan of the color selection, but I do have a dark blue metallic car.... Thanks Birdman, I recall connecting with Adam now. Thanks again for the help.

I don't think the '16 or '17 will be going out the doors at fire sale prices for a year or two - especially the ES version.

Great deals to be had on the '15 model - less popular than the PINK 2014 and a harder sell once the new version came out (slipper clutch, LED lighting and 6 speed). I really like the color of the '15 but it isn't particularly distinctive.

I don't think the '16 or '17 will be going out the doors at fire sale prices for a year or two - especially the ES version.
Great deals to be had on the '15 model - less popular than the PINK 2014 and a harder sell once the new version came out (slipper clutch, LED lighting and 6 speed). I really like the color of the '15 but it isn't particularly distinctive.
I think you are correct, I still see some 15's advertised at 10.9, but they are the A spec.

I saw a 2016 A model in Chatsworth, CA for a $11,495 it also included free tires for life. I thought that was a steal of a deal. It was sold the night I saw the ad.

I saw a 2016 A model in Chatsworth, CA for a $11,495 it also included free tires for life. I thought that was a steal of a deal. It was sold the night I saw the ad.
Holy crap - Free tires for life? Must have been some fine print with that! Including shop labor and tire cost and with a fairly aggressive rider, that could come close to the price of the bike over 200,000 miles!

Don't forget that there are no 2017 A models to be deeply discounted. And who knows what changes 2018 will bring?
That will be a deal breaker for me, don't want a system I'm not smart enough to fix. I have thought of getting a 16A and painting it.

Don't forget that there are no 2017 A models to be deeply discounted. And who knows what changes 2018 will bring?
At least not in the USA. For 2017, Yamaha Canada lists the A in metallic black and the ES choice of metallic black or matte silver.

The ES doesn't look all that complicated once you get a close look at it. The SCU is another computer control unit like the regular engine ECU. The suspension is a collection of stepper motors. But the best part is that in the years since the ES came out in 2014 nobody here has reported a single problem requiring repair. I wouldn't be all that afraid of the suspension system complexity.

Holy crap - Free tires for life? Must have been some fine print with that! Including shop labor and tire cost and with a fairly aggressive rider, that could come close to the price of the bike over 200,000 miles!
On my 3Rd set of tires on my 16es with 9500 miles. Last 2 sets were pr4. Lol Free tires for life, lol sign me up!
Just got my 16 es for 13.5 (before tax, lic, etc) from moto united in bellflower, ca
New or a few miles on it?Great price if new for sure

The ES doesn't look all that complicated once you get a close look at it. The SCU is another computer control unit like the regular engine ECU. The suspension is a collection of stepper motors. But the best part is that in the years since the ES came out in 2014 nobody here has reported a single problem requiring repair. I wouldn't be all that afraid of the suspension system complexity.
So do they make it for big fella's, I'm a far cry from the folks that design and test these things.

Panman, I don't see why us normal sized guys couldn't up the spring rate.

How big is big?

I'm ~ 235 nekkid and my wife is ~100lbs. Fully geared up with fully packed bags and trunk it still rides pretty darned good on the 2-up + bags preload setting. If you are planning on carry 450-500 lbs on the bike routinely you might have to respring.