New Forum Area for CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can see this area, you have been granted access to a special area to organize your regional event. At this posting the following members should have access.

FastJoyRide

FJRGUy

RocketDoc

Kasey

Bearly Flying

MikeH

Gypsy

Other board members cannot see this area. But do note, board adminis can, but we've got plenty of other things to do than also try to worry about your event. ;)

With the addition of the area you get a couple perks others on the board don't have...so please keep these improvements discreet. WFO staff have run this type of concept for a year and it helped out tremendously. We really needed to send PM's to more than one fellow staff member at time...so you've got the option of cc: for up to 4 people. And you have a bit more capacity to store PM's (up to 200).

Enjoy and best of luck with CFR.

Ignacio

Last edited by a moderator:
Through the wonders of cut and paste, you've got FJRChik and SFO in the text below :) .

The other CFR committee members are: RocketDoc, Kasey, Bearly Flying, MikeH, and Gypsy.

I'm not sure how much we'll use this vs e-mail, but thanks for setting it up Matt!

Dave

If you can see this area, you have been granted access to a special area requested by FJRChik for SFO staff to organize your regional event. At this posting the following members should have access.
FastJoyRide

FJRGUy

Other board members cannot see this area. But do note, board adminis can, but we've got plenty of other things to do than also try to worry about your event. ;)

With the addition of the area you get a couple perks others on the board don't have...so please keep these improvements discreet. WFO staff have run this type of concept for a year and it helped out tremendously. We really needed to send PM's to more than one fellow staff member at time...so you've got the option of cc: for up to 4 people. And you have a bit more capacity to store PM's (up to 200).

Enjoy and best of luck with CFR.

Ignacio

Through the wonders of cut and paste, you've got FJRChik and SFO in the text below :) .
The other CFR committee members are: RocketDoc, Kasey, Bearly Flying, MikeH, and Gypsy.

I'm not sure how much we'll use this vs e-mail, but thanks for setting it up Matt!

Dave
You're right.....because I used it as a template and missed the names. I did double-check permissions though and don't think you can see SFO area nor can they see this area. ;)

Added the others and modified first post.

Like thread posting you can tend to have a serial conversation more easily than having to slog through e-mail.

So Dave, are we going for it with 120 or 30? What a gas this has been so popular.

Just trying out this subforum really.

Hi Team:

I think that we should do the conservative thing and announce that we have another 20 spots (although the first 8 should/will get consumed by the waiters). As all of you are in favour, I will e-mail the waiters tonight and give them instructions on how to pay so that we can send them codes.

As of today the Selkirk Inn has 12 double rooms left (no singles). I also got a PM from Fraler tipping me to a nice B&B owned by an Italian bike mechanic. It could hold several folks, but I'm not sure of the proximity to rally central.

I also spoke to the catering gal at the Legion Ladies group this afternoon. Technically she has to run this past their board, but she says that's a formality and that we are in. She says 120 is starting to get pretty full for a sit-down meal and suggested we not go past 125 at most unless we like crowded. It seems to me that there are always some no-shows at these deals as people get themselves overtired or suffer mechanical problems but personally I don't like crowded!

My thoughts exactly Dave. Lets make it 120 and close the door.

The extra 1500.00 won't hurt either.

Thanks to Iggy for setting this up. I agree with Iggy that this venue may be better than email for many of our planning discussions. Let's be sure to start new treads for each discussion to keep it well organized!

Paid attendees sits at 103 right now. I suspect that 4 of the remaining 5 on the waitlist will pony up. That leaves 13 spots available. I think a fresh thread in the CFR Forum should be used to highlight the addition of the available spots.

Dave, we should get a date for confirming our numbers with whoever caters the banquet (for refund policy reasons.) I suspect we will have a few last minute cancellations.

Paid attendees sits at 103 right now. I suspect that 4 of the remaining 5 on the waitlist will pony up. That leaves 13 spots available. I think a fresh thread in the CFR Forum should be used to highlight the addition of the available spots.
So, where are we sitting today with paid registrations? It's sure been an exciting time watching the #'s go up.

Great work with the Legion, Dave and the website Jeff.

Kasey

Great job on those maps Kasey!! That should have some of the big dogs drouling!