New Job!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russperry

Reaction score
I've recently stepped away from a 20+ year career at Applied Materials, and something pretty cool has fallen into my lap.

One of my track day buddies has a daughter working for a promotional company. In previous years they had done work for Ducati, but as of this year they are working with Harley Davidson. As part of that work they are providing staffing for the Harley booths at various events, and I've landed one of those jobs.

It's a pretty nice setup for me - travel, hotel and meals paid, and about $2500 in pay for 8 days. The first event is going to be the rally in Laconia New Hampshire which is June 10-15. I'll be working as a "brand ambassador", working on setting up and riding on the factory HD demo rides, as well as various other stuff inside the Harley booth.

Hopefully this will extend to the Sturgis rally in August but we will see.

if any of you will be in Laconia, feel free to stop by and look me up - I'll be one of the guys in the HD booth that doesn't have a braided 2 ft. long beard or leather vest with tassels :)

Now THAT is a job. Are you getting ANY time off to see the races?

I remember a friend of mine who, back in the day, used to race his TZ750 and he said Laconia was the hardest "physical" race he ever did.

Interesting - have fun dealing with the general public. I wish you luck for that is something that I cannot do.

if any of you will be in Laconia, feel free to stop by and look me up - I'll be one of the guys in the HD booth that doesn't have a braided 2 ft. long beard or leather vest with tassels
smile.png
But will you be wearing your assless chaps?

Interesting - have fun dealing with the general public. I wish you luck for that is something that I cannot do.

if any of you will be in Laconia, feel free to stop by and look me up - I'll be one of the guys in the HD booth that doesn't have a braided 2 ft. long beard or leather vest with tassels
smile.png
But will you be wearing your assless chaps?
and earplugs.

Russ-
Sorry you still have to work. When will you be able to retire from this job?
This one is VERY part time, like maybe 2-3 weeks per year, and the pay is crap so its more like a paid hobby than a job :) I'm still considering myself as retired!

Now THAT is a job. Are you getting ANY time off to see the races?
I remember a friend of mine who, back in the day, used to race his TZ750 and he said Laconia was the hardest "physical" race he ever did.
I don't think we're going to have an opportunity to get to the races but I'll definitely check it out.

Latest posts