New tire from Pirelli

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
From another forum, a guy in the U.K. states that Pirelli is to cease production of the Diablo Strada and produce a new tire, Angel ST. Does anyone have any information about this? I cannot verify due to his link not working. The link was for motorcyclenews(dot)com.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's already Friday on that Forum and your chain was just Yanked (as we are often known as Yanks in the UK)

Great. The name "Angel" comes from the tread pattern. Yep, little angels in the tread.

Jeff Ashe will have to find a new tire.

Well if they do their "Buy a rear get a front free" like they did on the Strada and the Cosair III's then I'll be stocking up on Pirelli tyres....

This definitely warrants a full government bailout! I need $7.5 trillion to assure my future tire consumption is consistent with past years experiences.

What I have found so far is that the Pirelli Diablo is indeed being replaced by a new model, but nothing definite on the Strada yet.

:blink:

What I have found so far is that the Pirelli Diablo is indeed being replaced by a new model, but nothing definite on the Strada yet. :blink:
The article in the linkage clearly indicates the Strada is leaving. How long will it take you to secure the remaining stock?

I love my Stradas except for the front wear pattern. They do get great mileage and they grip real well. I just don't understand why people keep telling me that they are single compound tires?

I wonder what the rubber technology these replacements will use - and I suspect the goofy tread pattern won;t be all that good in the rain.

Let 'em kill the Diablos, but keep the Stradas

The article in the linkage clearly indicates the Strada is leaving. How long will it take you to secure the remaining stock?
La-La-La-La... I can't hear you! La-La-La-La I can't hear you say anything about Stradas going away! La-La-La-La

Denial? It's a river in Egypt.

La-La-La-La... I can't hear you! La-La-La-La I can't hear you say anything about Stradas going away! La-La-La-La

Denial? It's a river in Egypt.
OMG, it's going to be worse than I feared. Do we have any members that specialize in seperation anxiety?

I'm going to hold out till the tread pattern matches Thompsian's Christmas tree gay pants!! :lol:

Jeff: Step away from the edge man! Think RoadSmarts!!

JW

I'm going to hold out till the tread pattern matches Thompsian's Christmas tree gay pants!! :lol:
Better that then his arse crack.

Um . . . damn.

Just threw up in my mouth again.
U know, I left the ass-crack thread wondering why that poor woman has a beard. Like many, I was on the verge of being ill. I open up a generally non-gross tire thread, waiting for enlightment and what happens? You a**-holes cross-contaminate this thread with that awful visual. I hope you're happy! :huh:

It sounds pretty definite to me from the article. I am not to fond of the tread pattern of the really wussy name.

I would rather buy a diablo than and angel.

Does anyone want to start a campaign to get thompsonian's picture removed from the board and his picture posting privileges revoked?

That was just wrong to post that and think people would want to look at it. :help:

Damn! Is it really that bad? :huh: Tell you what. I'll edit the pic and repost it so the trees are cut out. Deal?