New Vehicle Law in NC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo HRZ. We got another roadside lawyer to edumecate us. Aren't we lucky.
You are simply throwing your weight around now ... Deeply unimpressive for a guy who is supposed to be an arbiter of decency around here.

Yes, you are lucky someone is around to call you on it.

I'm getting that you don't like me ... The mistake you are making is in thinking I might care.

rofl.gif
:rofl: :rofl:

Yer killing me smalls!

Last edited by a moderator:
Twigg, I've gotta tell you... you do have that effect on people. You can be quite abrasive in your comments, and they are not always correct. We have had similar issues, you and I.

Might wanna take a chill pill and look at it again in the morning.

Yo HRZ. We got another roadside lawyer to edumecate us. Aren't we lucky.
You are simply throwing your weight around now ... Deeply unimpressive for a guy who is supposed to be an arbiter of decency around here.

Yes, you are lucky someone is around to call you on it.

I'm getting that you don't like me ... The mistake you are making is in thinking I might care.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Yer killing me smalls!
Let's leave it there, shall we.

We both made our points and no one ever wins these things.

I'll post no more in this thread.

Twigg, I've gotta tell you... you do have that effect on people. You can be quite abrasive in your comments, and they are not always correct. We have had similar issues, you and I.
Might wanna take a chill pill and look at it again in the morning.
Yeah .. and I believe I might have been correct in that matter.

However, being told "You Sir, are wrong in everything you say", is non-abrasive how?

It is fine telling me I am wrong, but it helps if you are right and that you do so courteously. For example ... "Not sure that's right Twigg, you might want to look at this example" ... That would work well.

Go take a look at the thing we disagreed on, and tell me where I was abrasive as opposed to you ... by the way, I didn't think either of us was, we were just teasing out the reasons why we thought different things.

It's called discussion, and while I realise that can be difficult in forums, I was simply accepting your points and trying to show why you might be mistaken. I never for a minute considered it personal, but if I am abrasive, and unwelcome, then I'll leave.

I think my posts have been helpful and contributed positively, but I am open to the suggestion that I don't fit here.

I'll post no more in this thread.
Well, you didn't seem to follow through with that committment...

I think this thread, that was offered as a courtesy to EOM participants coming to North Carolina, has turned divisive and outlived it's usefulness many posts ago. If individuals want to go at each other...they should do it via other means.

Of course, I DO know what I'm doing and have for nearly the last 18 years. As a matter of fact, I'm so good at knowing what I'm doing, I get to supervise others who do what I do.

No form of Probable Cause or Reasonable Suspicion is needed to run a license plate. A license plate has absolutely NO expectation of privacy, and is therefore public. Because of that, we may run plates as often as we want, for no other reason than we saw it and we ran it. NOW, we may not run it for a malicious reason, such as to see who an ex-boy/girl friend has parked in front of their house, but barring some malicious intent, license plates and the Public VIN on dashboards or on the frame of motorcycles are fair game. Sorry Twigg!

If you don't believe me, Google, "Running license plates case law." Tons of relevant stuff pops up, and all the valid stuff informs people that license plates are not protected.

Your opinion on this subject is incorrect, as has been my opinion and others opinions on other matters. No big deal, don't freak out!

Status
Not open for further replies.