New Year's day Kitchen Pass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingshot

Reaction score
Anyone on the wet side interested in getting out New Year's day? Wife said I needed to get out on the bike.

Since I just found out, I don't have any routes planned. Anyone have suggestions or ideas???

Out. I was driving the cage on county roads between Renton and Issaquah today. Found ice in places in the shadows be carefull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving some thought to maybe Pioneer hwy a bit up to Stanwood, coffee around noon at the corner café, or maybe the Buzz-inn steakhouse at Harvey field in Snohomish. Probably know more about 9 or 10am tomorrow. Roads seem cold, bare, and dry around here, and plan would be to ride in sunny areas.

Out as the bike is coming down for winter maintenance. I did get out yesterday and enjoyed a ride to La Conner had lunch and coffee at the Pub then rode up to Skagit Power Sports via Bay View and bought some plugs and snooped around. Then went north a bit and went back to Bay View via Bow & Edison then on home. I ran some Ring Free thru it so I'm ready for the 80,000 valve check also found a long gravel road and cycled the ABS pump a few times for the front and back so I'm now ready for a brake fluid flush. I have a few new farkels to add so need to get busy as the Mrs. starts Chemo 1/13 for three months and I don't know what to expect!

Looks like it is going to warm up a bit so enjoy and be safe Brian.

Would love to Brian but I'm on call this week. Add in relatives visiting tomorrow and call me home bound for the day...

Lots of roads to show you over here...next time!

--G

Still getting ready and have no destination in mind. Give me a call Marcus and maybe we can meet for lunch somewhere.

Brian, I called the number I have for you and it's someone else, give me a call, I PM you my #

couple hours, 86 miles, sunshine, only a couple spots of pull the clutch in and roll. I-5n, Sylvana, Norman road to marine view to Stanwood, Viking restaurant for a bite, over to 5 and home in the sunshine. Hello 2015.

Didn't track miles, yet road a bit of SR509 and along the green river out to Black Diamond Bakery (thanks James for the idea). Lunch was great and weather was chilly, but awesome sunny day. Nice way to start the new year.

Glad you got a chance to get out and enjoy the new year, wish I could have came along with you Brian :)