New Years Day ..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogdeb

Scouser
Reaction score
One of those "in the back of your mind but we'll decide on the day" rides :unsure:

Only did 74 miles -- but it took us 6 1/2 hours !! Yeah, you figured it out, we decided to do a coffee ride, and you learn pretty quick that a desire to pee can overcome a desire to ride :lol:

Pics to follow, but :-

1st stop - Starbucks @ 19th/J st, downtown Sac. Hint - always look up before you park under a tree - especially one with many furry berries and many birds. BIG plops of purple colored shite all over Sylvie :angry: , still wet so easy to remove !

2nd stop - Starbucks @ Latrobe/Hwy 50. Very familiar to local FJR riders.

3rd stop - Starbucks @ Green Valley/E. Natomas in Folsom.

4th stop - It's a Grind @ Broadstone Parkway in Folsom - this is where we grabbed a bear claw and a flapjack :dribble:

5th stop - We sloshed our way to It's a Grind @ Folsom Blvd/Blue Ravine, also in Folsom so just a short distance to another of many pees :yahoo:

6th stop - Starbucks @ Gold Centre Lane in Rancho Cordova. Sat outside and watched a few posers who thought we were "silly" to be on a motorbike! Whose a silly poser then? Bet we've had more coffee than you today. :rolleyes:

7th stop - and last one cause it's darker and colder - Starbucks @ Olsen Dr in Rancho. My bladder is feeling like an overinflated soccer ball anyway!!

Well --- I'd always wanted to do something like a coffee run, any reason for a ride huh?

IF ............. we do it again (which I doubt :lol: ) ... I'll be strapping on a catheter -- Deb will figure something out :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was so cold that Deb couldn't stop shivering :lol:

NewYearsDayandCoffee001.jpg

Nearly empty steets, kinda nice.

NewYearsDayandCoffee004.jpg

Stop # 1

NewYearsDayandCoffee006.jpg

Hi Deb

NewYearsDayandCoffee007.jpg

Stop # 2

NewYearsDayandCoffee009.jpg

NewYearsDayandCoffee010.jpg

Stop # 3 -- only had regular coffee here instead of a double/full creme/duper latte !

NewYearsDayandCoffee011.jpg

Stop # 4 -- where we grabbed some snacks to soak up the liquid !!

NewYearsDayandCoffee012.jpg

NewYearsDayandCoffee014.jpg

Got foam ?

NewYearsDayandCoffee018.jpg

Stop # 5 -- can you say"coffee logged"?

NewYearsDayandCoffee020.jpg

Stop # 6 -- for the "Poser watch"

NewYearsDayandCoffee022.jpg

NewYearsDayandCoffee023.jpg

And stop # 7 -- last one! Where I cheated on the ride purpose and drank a green tea latte - gooooood!

NewYearsDayandCoffee027.jpg

That's all folks, hope you enjoyed -- WE DID !!

I would be surfing........ not riding :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

B. :dribble:

========

I'll be strapping on a catheter -- Deb will figure something out

? portable bed pan..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink:

+1

More glamour shots of the Red Feej please!!

Man, Yamaha really dropped the ball on never having used red on the FJR (yet (in the US)).

One of those "in the back of your mind but we'll decide on the day" rides :unsure: Only did 74 miles -- but it took us 6 1/2 hours !! Yeah, you figured it out, we decided to do a coffee ride, and you learn pretty quick that a desire to pee can overcome a desire to ride :lol:

Pics to follow, but :-

1st stop - Starbucks @ 19th/J st, downtown Sac. Hint - always look up before you park under a tree - especially one with many furry berries and many birds. BIG plops of purple colored shite all over Sylvie :angry: , still wet so easy to remove !

2nd stop - Starbucks @ Latrobe/Hwy 50. Very familiar to local FJR riders.

3rd stop - Starbucks @ Green Valley/E. Natomas in Folsom.

4th stop - It's a Grind @ Broadstone Parkway in Folsom - this is where we grabbed a bear claw and a flapjack :dribble:

5th stop - We sloshed our way to It's a Grind @ Folsom Blvd/Blue Ravine, also in Folsom so just a short distance to another of many pees :yahoo:

6th stop - Starbucks @ Gold Centre Lane in Rancho Cordova. Sat outside and watched a few posers who thought we were "silly" to be on a motorbike! Whose a silly poser then? Bet we've had more coffee than you today. :rolleyes:

7th stop - and last one cause it's darker and colder - Starbucks @ Olsen Dr in Rancho. My bladder is feeling like an overinflated soccer ball anyway!!

Well --- I'd always wanted to do something like a coffee run, any reason for a ride huh?

IF ............. we do it again (which I doubt :lol: ) ... I'll be strapping on a catheter -- Deb will figure something out :lol:
That is a really cool color! Is that custom or what....never seen an FJR that color before. Really nice!

I did a New Years ride myself....the temp never got above 38 degrees but it was sunny and I was cozy in my "electrics". That is, until the thermostate came loose and vest turned off. Amazing how fast you cool down when you are "creating" your own "zero" wind chill! But it was still nice!

Ride safe in 09

Foggy in the valley, Rog? I was fooled by the sun coming through in Auburn and took off toward Sonora on 49. At Pilot Hill, I hit fog again and froze my a$$ off down Salmon Falls Rd. to the Starbucks at Latrobe and Hwy 50. Then froze going south on Latrobe to Jackson (where Mel's was JAMMED, but I saw another '05 pull up with a HD or metric cruiser as we were leaving) -- no sun and still COLD. Went up 88 to Pioneer to find some sun, then back Ridge Road into the fog and north on 49 -- more fog and cold until just before Placerville. Sun from there home, but amazingly, after an incremental increase in warmth from the sun around Placerville, it seemed to get even colder on 49 back to Auburn. So . . .

I rode on New Year's day. But I actually expect to be warmer skiing Saturday and Sunday. One of these days, I'm going to buy electric gear. (But not until I finally wire my bike for all the farkles, including outlets for electric gear.)

@ Windchaser -- yes Sir, custom color. A low side in '04 gave me the chance to realize my lust for a red FJR.

@ Rich -- COLD ?? You already found out :lol: Wish we were a little higher up the hill.

Rog, maybe one of those hydration jugs, plumbed in reverse...or ...something...? And...

...yes Roger, your red motorcycle is beautiful, but I gotta say that your little pillion, all geared up, is about as cute as a muffin.

:D
A muffin huh ? Man .. I could play with that one :lol: So you mean that the 5 layers made it look like she has a "muffin waist" ? Well ..... :lol: She's my Deb.

And .. from Deb just for you ............. you're cute yourself Michael ..

:air_kiss:

Hi Rog and Deb - I enjoyed reading about and am sooooo envious of your ride. Not so much re the copious coffee quantities but the weather... you see, here in southwestern Canada I can't even see our street for 8 ft snowdrifts everywhere.

Bummer. :cold:

Kasey

Ditto what Kasey said. The first winter I haven't ridden since I got the FJR in '03. This global warming thingy is all assbackwards. Rog and Deb, glad you had a nice...cool ride. Your lookin' good Deb, how you feelin'?

Nice to see you are still hanging on the that crusty Brit!!

Kath, John !!

Nice to hear from you guys :) Sorry 'bout the white stuff. I remember having to walk 5 miles in it to get to school when I was a youngster :rolleyes: -- never again I hope.

Deb ..... she's doing really well. We'll be at CFO '09 hopefully.