newbie needs to know: any storage on fjr for tools?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robfilms

Reaction score

i am a newbie.

i am hoping to pick up my 2013/14k by the end of this week.

(come on NJ DMV, i need the title!)

i am wondering about storage capacity for a basic tool kit and tire repair/inflator.

if i am without side bags or top box, is there anyplace on the fjr where i can store?

thanks in advance.

thumbs up.

rob

i am a newbie.

i am wondering about storage capacity for a basic tool kit and tire repair/inflator.

if i am without side bags or top box, is there anyplace on the fjr where i can store?

thanks in advance.

thumbs up.rob
I guess you are not getting the luggage with your 2013. Am curious why? Good thing is, with that color, you could get by with a set of luggage from any of the silver FJR's. There is a tiny amount of storage in the "glove box" and room in a couple of places under the seat. Perhaps you could get a tank bag if you don't like top boxes and luggage.

Last edited by a moderator:

i am a newbie.

thanks in advance.

thumbs up.

rob
I guess you are not getting the luggage with your 2013. Am curious why? Good thing is, with that color, you could buy a set of any of the silver fjr's and it wouldn't look too bad. I would purchase a large adjustable tank bag for the trip, or one of those large round strap-on bags for the back seat.
Rob didn't say he isn't getting the luggage...he is simply asking where to put stuff when riding without the bags. I ride without my bags all the time, as they are tiny and not very practical (I can't even fit my small laptop in one). I have a tire pump just behind the rear seat and tire plugs and tools under the front seat...