Night Breaker Unlimited - Disappointed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjrettig

Reaction score
I installed a pair of Osram Night Breaker Unlimited lights last fall in my 2014 FJR. Now, 15,000 miles later - both lights have gone out. I knew these lights would not last as long as OEM, but 1 year/15,000 miles is disappointing.

I put the original OEM lights back in for now until I determine what to try next. I did like the improved lighting of the Night Breaker's over the OEM lights. To me, the whiter light and wider angle of lighting was a benefit living since I drive in an area where there are plenty deer in the morning/night commute to/from work.

I installed a pair of Osram Night Breaker Unlimited lights last fall in my 2014 FJR. Now, 15,000 miles later - both lights have gone out. I knew these lights would not last as long as OEM, but 1 year/15,000 miles is disappointing.
I put the original OEM lights back in for now until I determine what to try next. I did like the improved lighting of the Night Breaker's over the OEM lights. To me, the whiter light and wider angle of lighting was a benefit living since I drive in an area where there are plenty deer in the morning/night commute to/from work.
I swapped out my NB+ to the Unlimited's at about 400 hours knowing that it's about the end of life for extreme bulbs. They were still working fine but again, was being pro active. The Unlim's are at about 150 hours but so far, so good. I commute at night, so to me the better lighting is worth the shorter life trade off.

Some day when they make an LED H4 'bulb' that works perfect for both high and low beams, I'll switch over, but until then extreme halogens for me.