• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

No longer WANTED: Penske 8983

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GP Suspension group buy offer lasts until December 31 and is 15% as listed. I asked KFG if they were having a Thanksgiving sale this year and they said they were but haven't given me a price yet. When I saw you at the fall tech meet you thought that the KFG discount might be better. They're also local so I can just pick up if they don't drop ship to me. I can wait a bit. I haven't been riding much through the canals that are currently our street system here. I'll bet you northern guys are even wetter.

You can try calling KFG/GP on "small business Saturday" two days after Thanksgiving. The discount when I ordered my 8983 that day in 2015 was 25%.

It shipped to me early January direct from Penske.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GP Suspension group buy offer lasts until December 31 and is 15% as listed. I asked KFG if they were having a Thanksgiving sale this year and they said they were but haven't given me a price yet. When I saw you at the fall tech meet you thought that the KFG discount might be better. They're also local so I can just pick up if they don't drop ship to me. I can wait a bit. I haven't been riding much through the canals that are currently our street system here. I'll bet you northern guys are even wetter.
Don't forget about sales tax. If you buy through KFG, you'll for sure pay tax. Since GP is now in Cali, it'll probably be a tax-free out of state sale. KFG also hits buyers for in bound freight...not to mention *other* potential issues with KFG.

--G