North Georgia FJR Rally!! Mark your calendar!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm we will see if the gas situation changes in the near future. We are dry out here!! Sorry, guys, it seems to be the fault of Calimus and myself-everytime we plan a vacation something happens to screw it up :angry2:

Hmmmm we will see if the gas situation changes in the near future. We are dry out here!! Sorry, guys, it seems to be the fault of Calimus and myself-everytime we plan a vacation something happens to screw it up :angry2:
Yes the gas situation is a problem. I was at T.W.O. on Sat. and the guy there said the station up 60 about 12mi. had gas. I am going back on Sun. and will check it out.

edit: Ok I checked it out today and saw gas north of Dahlonega and all over the Blue Ridge area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it will stay that way. The real problem will be finding fuel here so we can make it up there, lol.

Great news. Relief is in sight for the gas shortage! :clapping:

The evening news report for Sept. 30 is that Colonial Pipeline is back to full capacity for fuel from the Gulf region. We'll have some continued difficulties for awhile as the fuel supplies reach their final destinations and drivers stop filling up at every opportunity. But, my bet is that fuel supplies will be good for the Southeast region as our rally date nears.

I got a first look at some of Dom's gpx routes. Y'all will have some fabulous routes to ride. He's got some great two up routes and also some of the twistiest roads to be found. There will be a nice assortment of short and long routes. If you thought ingesting WVA roads made a great meal for your FJR, then Dom has just put the icing on the cake and dessert is waiting. Chances are good that the routes will be posted within a week. Keep an eye out for this thread. JWilly will post them on his site.

Keep your rally plans in motion. If you haven't made your plans, get busy. There are going to be a lot of campers and couples. The lodge is full; but many hotels are nearby. Fall is a color riot in North Georgia. We're gonna have a great time. All we need is YOU!

Y'all come now, 'ya heah?

Do we need to register with TWO or anything ahead of time, or just show up?

If you're camping, you just register when you get there. If you want a room at the lodge, I think you can try to register as a "standby" as the lodge is reported to be full.

There are other cabins in the area as well as motels nearby.

Yay for the fuel. Saw the same news yesterday, so I've got my fingers crossed.

New tent arrived the other day, found some self inflating air mats, sleeping bags are bundled up and all thats left is to pack it all on the bikes. Is it the 10th yet?

Man I wish I could make it to this rally! Sounds like its gonna be a blast. I'm still stuck in Afghanistan, I'll be home in November, see ya'll then.

Man I wish I could make it to this rally! Sounds like its gonna be a blast. I'm still stuck in Afghanistan, I'll be home in November, see ya'll then.
We wish you could be here, too. In the meanwhile, be safe.

I'm looking forward to coming over to SC for a ride on your turf.

This is going to be great!

Mrs. Twisty and I are going up there this Sunday to do a little route scouting. If anyone is interested in comming along, let me know. We will be traveling from Calhoun, up Hwy. 225 to Chatsworth, over Fort Mountain to Ellijay, then up toward Blue Ridge, then Hwy. 60 to Suches.That is part of one loop, then from Suches, we will start another loop.

If anyone is interested, let me know and we can meet around any of those places. Just PM me and let me know when and where you want to meet.

We plan to leave out first thing in the morning (probably around 7 or 8am). Because of the elivated risk of hitting a forrest rat after dark, I want to be out of the mountains before sundown.

Twisty

This is going to be great!
Mrs. Twisty and I are going up there this Sunday to do a little route scouting. If anyone is interested in comming along, let me know. We will be traveling from Calhoun, up Hwy. 225 to Chatsworth, over Fort Mountain to Ellijay, then up toward Blue Ridge, then Hwy. 60 to Suches.That is part of one loop, then from Suches, we will start another loop.

If anyone is interested, let me know and we can meet around any of those places. Just PM me and let me know when and where you want to meet.

We plan to leave out first thing in the morning (probably around 7 or 8am). Because of the elivated risk of hitting a forrest rat after dark, I want to be out of the mountains before sundown.

Twisty
Yo, I'm gonna be up that way doing GPS route scouting, too. But, first, I'm stopping by TWO where KTM has a demo for some of their bikes. This event is both Saturday and Sunday.

We have several route scouters who have volunteered, but I need more help. Thanks MrTwisty, Buzzz, & WellSJ. If you have a Garmin GPS unit on your bike and would like to check out a route for us, please give me a PM.

All the scouting needs to be done by the end of the weekend so we can put any needed tweaks into the routes and then get them published.

I received an email from GT at TWO this morning about vacancies at the TWO Lodge.

As of this morning, Room 2 and the entirety of the mobile home are available. Please check the TWO website for details.

[SIZE=18pt]******Correction from a 2nd email******[/SIZE]

GT has consolidated some guest in the mobile home. NOW, there are 4 rooms available. If folks agree to bunk up together, there will be a total of 12 beds available.

Call GT at 1-706-747-5151 and work out your arrangements.

TWO Website

If you want to secure these spaces, please identify yourself as being in the FJR group in your email or phone call.

Are there specific plans (ride times) for Saturday 10/11? My schedule will allow staying over the weekend, but would love to ride up early Saturday morning and spend the day riding and getting to know some new folks. Haven’t been able to ride much this summer. Have been working a large project in Memphis and only get to come home even other weekend and even then it’s usually just Saturday. I told my better half since I missed EOM this year I was defiantly riding this coming weekend.

BULLCBX

Are there specific plans (ride times) for Saturday 10/11? My schedule will allow staying over the weekend, but would love to ride up early Saturday morning and spend the day riding and getting to know some new folks. Haven’t been able to ride much this summer. Have been working a large project in Memphis and only get to come home even other weekend and even then it’s usually just Saturday. I told my better half since I missed EOM this year I was defiantly riding this coming weekend.
BULLCBX

George,

Dom (ngarider) has just the ticket for you. His long route is NiteyNightAdvanced2 and is a bit shy of 400 miles of some of the finest twisties in the valley. I suppose a lot of rides will leave a little after 9; but this one is gonna take all day and will require a 7AM or so start. Let us know how soon you can be at TWO on Saturday AM. Given the length and difficulty of the ride, this may be a better one for Saturday anyway.

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Wow, I surely wish that I could attend this ride. I'm headed out to Roanoke this weekend & will be peeping the leaves the weekend of the 18th. I cannot afford another trip right now.

Have lots o fun guys!,

Heidi

Wow, I surely wish that I could attend this ride. I'm headed out to Roanoke this weekend & will be peeping the leaves the weekend of the 18th. I cannot afford another trip right now.
Have lots o fun guys!,

Heidi
Heidi,

We'll have good leaf color; but no organic debris on the roadways to speak of. More important, leaf maggots in cages want be clogging up the roads.

Shift those plans by a week and Come On Down! The camping will be fine. Besides, we need some help putting on the party games and holding the bar down.

Sounds like this is gonna be a terrific gathering. If we didn't already have plans to be out of town we'd be there.

You'ns'all have fun and be safe!

Sounds like this is gonna be a terrific gathering. If we didn't already have plans to be out of town we'd be there.
You'ns'all have fun and be safe!

Da'yum! We're out of town, too. Waaaayyy out in the country is where we'll be. Make some pleasant excuses and Come On Down! We want have weather like this for long.

Down heah, we call that makin' hay while the sun shines.

Ya'll can sit on the porch with the Big Dawgs. You'll be welcome!

Have lots o fun guys!,

Heidi
Heidi,

We'll have good leaf color; but no organic debris on the roadways to speak of. More important, leaf maggots in cages want be clogging up the roads.

Shift those plans by a week and Come On Down! The camping will be fine. Besides, we need some help putting on the party games and holding the bar down.
What exactly makes you think that I'm any good at party games? Holding the bar down? As in an alcohol type bar? Now I know for sure that I ain't coming! Hahaha! But seriously, if I go that distance I'd need to take time off from work. This isn't a couple of hours down & a couple back for me. I'd need a longggg weekend.

Really, I already have plans w/ friends to go to WV. Thanks anyway Mike. I do make it down in that direction once or twice a year. I'll be seeing (& riding with ya') one day soon. Probably spring looking at the time of year right now. Thanks for the invite, though, Heidi

George,

Dom (ngarider) has just the ticket for you. His long route is NiteyNightAdvanced2 and is a bit shy of 400 miles of some of the finest twisties in the valley. I suppose a lot of rides will leave a little after 9; but this one is gonna take all day and will require a 7AM or so start. Let us know how soon you can be at TWO on Saturday AM. Given the length and difficulty of the ride, this may be a better one for Saturday anyway.

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

What makes the ride so difficult? Does it include jumps, hill climbs, mud holes and creek crossings or something...or maybe a little gravel...or maybe a lot of gravel? If it's just a bunch of switchbacks, that's not difficult, that's fun! :yahoo: