Northern KY Road Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYFJR

Reaction score
For those of you that ride in N. KY I am pleased to say 22, 915 and *most* of 10 has been repaved! 159, 491, and a host of others are in very good shape.

Enjoy!

KYFJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding. Now, if they would just repave the second have of 227 from the Owenton Cty line down to Stamping Ground I'd be happy, happy, happy!!!

Of course I've also heard that the LEO presence has been dramatically increased lately on the normal 10/22 route. :-(

Although, I normally hit 10 to 159 into Falmouth (love 159, yeah!) then 22 out to 227.

Good stuff and thanks for the update!!!

If you get a chance (and maybe you already have) 10 to 165 to 32 is a great route. Esp. on 32 from Sandy Hook to 23 - I do believe this section is my favorite (in KY). No Leos, few cagers, just great road.

We are damn lucky to have all of these great rodes by us...one of these days I want to get over towards Athens, OH and play. Those pics of the triple nickel look absolutely delicious!

Just hit 22 the other day and was in glee that it was repaved. Gotta watch for work trucks though, seem to see more and more trucks on that route, which is what chewed up the pavement in the first place.

Yeah, 227 needs it too, but at least the first half heading south is in pretty good shape.

Never done the 10, 165, 32, 23 ride. Will do probably next weekend if weather holds.

Either you guys going to be around?

Edit* Looking at map, can't figure out where 10 to 165 is? This is this the stretch of 32 you are talking about, right? clicky

Yep! That is the stretch!

Take 10 out of Alexandria to Powersville. Then you actually hit 19 south for less than 1 mile and there is 165 which will take you to 32.

I need to check with the wifey but I would up for the run!

regrettably, many of the idiots on sportbikes and tennis shoes are still there. i haven't ridden that route in a couple years. too many liabilities. it is a nice route, but i'm not a big fan of the hill followed by blind curve.

dean

cincinnati

Just hit 22 the other day and was in glee that it was repaved. Gotta watch for work trucks though, seem to see more and more trucks on that route, which is what chewed up the pavement in the first place.
Yeah, 227 needs it too, but at least the first half heading south is in pretty good shape.

Never done the 10, 165, 32, 23 ride. Will do probably next weekend if weather holds.

Either you guys going to be around?

Edit* Looking at map, can't figure out where 10 to 165 is? This is this the stretch of 32 you are talking about, right? clicky
a work truck (large dump-truck type) sideswiped a school bus a couple months ago on 22, killing one of the students. people had been saying that those trucks were running way beyond their abilities---too fast, going around corners in both lanes, etc.

dean

cincinnati

Most of both 36 & 32 are great, in my opinion. Fewer blind curves than 22; lots of sweepers. A few rough spots need to be paved around Cynthiana, though.

I want to do this loop soon: Clicky