OEM Saddlebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been seeing them on ebay lately. What is wrong with yours? If they just need painting PM Garauld on the forum, seems he does a good job at a reasonable price. Flying that Kiowa yet? Those guys used to scare the shit out of me when I was stationed at Ft Hood. Amazing how sneaky a helicopter can be.

I have been seeing them on ebay lately. What is wrong with yours? If they just need painting PM Garauld on the forum, seems he does a good job at a reasonable price. Flying that Kiowa yet? Those guys used to scare the shit out of me when I was stationed at Ft Hood. Amazing how sneaky a helicopter can be.
I start in April... (or May, or June)..

A Toyota Tundra decided to merge with my saddlebag... It's got a hole in it now, and the Tundra has no bumper... First time I ever saw a motorcyle win against a 4 door truck. :blink:

Was the $475 quote from Gary McCoy at Mondak Motor Sports? If not, I'd give him a call and check out his pricing, including freight to your door. I've found his price to be hard to beat on most factory items.

[email protected] or give him a call toll-free at 866-433-6635

Service, follow-up and shipping were all flawless.

Good luck!

Don

Was the $475 quote from Gary McCoy at Mondak Motor Sports? If not, I'd give him a call and check out his pricing, including freight to your door. I've found his price to be hard to beat on most factory items.

Good luck!

Don
Nah, they were the 608 price...

I will have a pair of bags available when Gary gets my replacements painted and back . . . in 2006 'A' colors, one (left) wth paint dimples and the other scratched up some, but not broken.

Gary can repaint them for you, as he is doing for me with the spare set I purchased and sent to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have a pair of bags available when Gary gets my replacements painted and back . . . in 2006 'A' colors, one (left) wth paint dimples and the other scratched up some, but not broken.
Gary can repaint them for you, as he is doing for me with the spare set I purchased and sent to him.
I think you mean Garauld, yes?

Good luck!

Don
Nah, they were the 608 price...
First...did you talk to Gary, or just "them"? It would make THAT much difference if you called mondak motorsports and didn't talk with Gary himself.

Swcond...have you checked all the sources here?

Used FJR bags seem to go pretty cheap on ebay, you may be able to get something clean or repairable there. I noticed that all of the online discount OEM parts retailers that I checked are showing "Call Us" for saddlebag prices. I have been really happy with South Seattle Sports Plaza www.yamahasportsplaza.com . I shop hard, and their prices have been consistently lower (Shipping quick as well).

I guess I was very lucky to purchase a new pair of 2008 bags (in the box) from a dealer on ebay for $423.00 delivered. Good luck with your search.

Used FJR bags seem to go pretty cheap on ebay, you may be able to get something clean or repairable there. I noticed that all of the online discount OEM parts retailers that I checked are showing "Call Us" for saddlebag prices. I have been really happy with South Seattle Sports Plaza www.yamahasportsplaza.com . I shop hard, and their prices have been consistently lower (Shipping quick as well).
I guess I was very lucky to purchase a new pair of 2008 bags (in the box) from a dealer on ebay for $423.00 delivered. Good luck with your search.

The best overall price I found was from Boats.net(works best if you just put the part number in their site). Shipping factored in with other sites, their total was lowest.