• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OEM Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmak

Reaction score
I'm selling the stock shock from my 2008. Put the Wilbers on my 2008 from my '05 and the oem's never been used-brand new. Asking $500.00/BO (reasonable). Keep it around in case my Wilbers needs to be serviced unexpectedly but have two other bikes anyway-so what the heck. Can PM me or email at [email protected].

I'm selling the stock shock from my 2008. Put the Wilbers on my 2008 from my '05 and the oem's never been used-brand new. Asking $500.00/BO (reasonable). Keep it around in case my Wilbers needs to be serviced unexpectedly but have two other bikes anyway-so what the heck. Can PM me or email at [email protected].
Are you talking about the entire rear assembly including the shock?

The shock-the entire shock. The OEM's over $800.00, and most after market shocks are a lot more than that. This is new, not smacked up in a get-off, etc. If interested, make an offer. If not, than there are probably better things to do-

The shock-the entire shock. The OEM's over $800.00, and most after market shocks are a lot more than that. This is new, not smacked up in a get-off, etc. If interested, make an offer. If not, than there are probably better things to do-
My sincerest apologies for asking a question I thought was pertinent to your for sale post.

Unless my local Yamaha dealer misunderstood me when I asked how much was a shock for an '08 FJR, he quoted me $39.00.

The entire rear assembly including shock was $775.00.

And YES, I do have better things to do.

Good luck with your quest.

I bought my rebuildable Wilbers that was an order of magnitude for $420.

$500 for a stock shock. Wow....that's a LOT more than the typical stock low-mileage shock that goes for $100 to $150 around here...or as cheap as $50.

Good luck with that sale.

$500 for a stock shock. Wow....that's a LOT more than the typical stock low-mileage shock that goes for $100 to $150 around here...or as cheap as $50.
I received a gen2 OEM shock with very low mileage for free.

Bad edicate here folks. the market will bear what the gentleman can get for his shock whether anybody here agrees or not.

Skooter where are you!!!!!!

Good luck selling the shock brother

Bad edicate here folks. the market will bear what the gentleman can get for his shock whether anybody here agrees or not.

Skooter where are you!!!!!!

Good luck selling the shock brother
Haven't seen this topic for a while-thanks for the comment. There are always piranha looking for a nip. Fact is, I've given quite a bit of FJR farkles and parts away for free-and anyone who responded with half a brain might have received quite a deal (an old trick of mine), as some here can attest.

Come on guys, it's bad form to talk about the selling price in this way. The seller can list whatever price he wants, and it's "OBO" anyway. If the item it priced too high, it won't sell - that's what happens in a free market.

For those who are interested, the seller offered me this shock to use while I waited for my aftermarket Race Tech to be built! His integrity is in my opinion of the highest order! Due to an expedited completion of my new after market shock I will not require his generosity! Anyone who is looking for a replacement for their original should definitely consider his offering. This forum rocks! Thankyou

Mark Griffiths (jmgrif)