• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ohlins YA-036 shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pista

Reaction score
Brand new, will be sprung for your weight.

Not mine, being offered on eBay. Look under FJR parts and accessories.

$475.00 plus $15.00shipping

Ive been watching that too. Im wondering how hard it would be to adjust the preload with the shock on the bike. I like the penske pre load method better than the spanner, but if the price is right....

Hmmmm, nope. I sure don't.
wink.png

No, this is an auction and 475 is the starting bid. It will sell for much more.

Last minute bidders will drive the price up. If I dont get this one I am hoping for another black friday deal at gp suspension.

Bummer. Thanks, Joe.
Don't act like a FNG...Gen I uses the same shock. One of the few parts that has changed for the better, but one-size fits all. My Penske came off a gen II.
Sorry, according to Ohlins, the one posted for sale on ebay is for an 06-12, but I guess anything from a Gen 2 that will fit on a Gen 1 would be an upgrade...

Joe the shocks are universal. No need to modify a Gen II shock or III for that matter to put it on a Gen I. The shocks gradually got better, and the Gen I shock really showed us the value of an aftermarket upgrade. Gen II benefited from it as well. They may have finally got it right in Gen III. The only suspension you can't interchange is the Gen III ES. It would physically fit, but needs the ECM to work properly. The Gen II Bin O Facts has this information:

(Gen 1) '05 has a short 1400 lb/in spring AND a longer 670 lb spring.
On the soft setting, the two springs are used in series and provide a 440 lb/inch rating.
On the hard setting, the short spring is locked out and the single 670 lb spring is used.

(Gen II) '06 has a short 1800 lbs/inch spring AND the same 670 lb longer rate spring as the Gen I.
Learned from testing and measuring the (Gen II) '06 shock: The soft setting was upped from the Gen I to make it more useful to a wider range of riders while the hard setting was left unchanged from Gen I.
(Physical dimensions were exactly the same on the '05 Gen 1 and the '06 Gen II)
The only addition I think should be made to all Bin O Facts generations under suspension is that the rear shock is interchangeable in both OEM and aftermarket configurations..

It will fit, but you have to get creative with mounting the reservoir. The supplied reservoir mounting bracket may not work with Gen 1.

I dropped out at $675 which was already higher than my intended 650. I have a daily production meeting at 10:30 and talked my boss into moving it along at a quicker than normal pace so I could watch my bid.