One bell & whistle left off '06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
In the most recent issue of "Motorcyclist" an article on the Kawasaki ZX-14 mentions that it has a battery voltage readout included in its LCD data panel. I'd expect many would swap the momentary MPG readout on the FJR for a battery voltage indicator.

In the most recent issue of "Motorcyclist" an article on the Kawasaki ZX-14 mentions that it has a battery voltage readout included in its LCD data panel. I'd expect many would swap the momentary MPG readout on the FJR for a battery voltage indicator.
That's a definite "YES" !!

A voltage readout would be far preferable to the instant MPG. IMHO. :agent:

In the most recent issue of "Motorcyclist" an article on the Kawasaki ZX-14 mentions that it has a battery voltage readout included in its LCD data panel.  I'd expect many would swap the momentary MPG readout on the FJR for a battery voltage indicator.
That's a definite "YES" !!

A voltage readout would be far preferable to the instant MPG. IMHO. :agent:
And this is something Yamaha should be able to handle. Heck, it's even easier than fixing the instantaneous MPG. Just subtract 3, and change MPG to VDC. Presto!

Just get a GPS -- most of the Garmin's show the voltage. I have a Quest 2 (not 1, but 2), and you can select to show the voltage... works good, last a long time.

<_<

The voltage readout is getting scarce on the Garmin GPS's. I used to have a GPSIII+ which had the voltage display, and it was one of my favorite features. The GPSV that replaced it did not include voltage. Nor does the Quest that I have now. I don't think the streetpilot series does either, but I'm not 100% on those..

Just get a GPS -- most of the Garmin's show the voltage. I have a Quest 2 (not 1, but 2), and you can select to show the voltage... works good, last a long time.
<_<
I feel like an idiot. I can't seem to find the voltage readout on my Quest 2. howdidjadoit?

If what I've been reading about the MPG Ind in the bike is true, then a volt indicator would show a constant 8 volts.

Yamaha motor cycle needs to borrow some things from Yamaha marine. On the digital gauges for my outboards I have. Engine temp, engine oil level, temp and pressure And voltage readings. Along with miles per gallon, total fuel used etc... They are also supplied with a nice buzzer that screams at you when something is wrong.

Yamaha motor cycle needs to borrow some things from Yamaha marine. On the digital gauges for my outboards I have. Engine temp, engine oil level, temp and pressure And voltage readings. Along with miles per gallon, total fuel used etc... They are also supplied with a nice buzzer that screams at you when something is wrong.
Don't worry...FJRs clunk and whistle when there's nothing wrong. They TICK when there's a problem. :D