Oneal Helmet with Bluetooth

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking at this too.

They are just now coming out, but I ordered this one today.

If the helmet 2 helmet, bike 2 bike AND phone & mp3 work like they say it will, I'm pumped! :yahoo:

I'll give a ride report after I get it sometime next week.

element-fastrack-helmet-blk-flat-bi.jpg

element-bluetooth-blinc.gif

Wow..., that was some (detailed) report...!

I saw this in there: "I think the Bluetooth is a novel idea, but this helmet in particular was a poor execution of a motorcycle helmet. I bought a medium 3 months ago, and have had extremely poor performance from it to the point I threw this helmet away."

The price is sure reasonable, tho. All that electronic stuff (just the electronics) for another helmet (say, Nolan N-Com) would cost more than complete Oneal-Blutek package all-together -- helmet + electronics. :blink:

Nope. Hadn't seen it yet. Thanks!

Sounds like this may be better than the instructions it comes with.

Far as the helmet itself goes, I was told it's made by KBC for O'Neal. Not sure about that, but coming from a 4 year old HJC I'm hoping it's a bit of an improvement.

If the helmet doesn't work out, I'll do 'surgery' and add the electronics to a better helmet. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
RIDE REPORT:

This helmet is exactly what I was looking for! :yahoo:

It works seamlessly with my iphone and paired up easily. Once on the road it has great sound, is easy to control with gloves on and no wires or stuff hanging off the helmet. I'm really happy with the fit and finish too. The sound IS stereo unlike previous models and seems to be totally different (new model or upgraded?) than the one in this review)

I like the styling and it's a lot lighter than my 4 year old HJC and for $269 I can't complain! There isn't a mirrored shield yet, so I ordered a smoke one. Gotta have one for the 290 + days of sun here. :D

So it seems the flat black one is back ordered until early May, at least that's what they tell me, and because I already sold my other helmet I had to change colors. It's not bad looking, besides I'm really tired of riding my FJR with my dirt bike helmet. :blink:

element-fastrack-helmet-gry-big.jpg

It looks way better in person, and it's growing on me. I ordered the black one anyway and might give this one to my wife, depends which one I like better. :rolleyes:

I'll let you know how sounds/feels at high speed soon, I've only used it around town and a few miles on the 5.

RIDE REPORT:
This helmet is exactly what I was looking for! :yahoo:

It works seamlessly with my iphone and paired up easily. Once on the road it has great sound, is easy to control with gloves on and no wires or stuff hanging off the helmet. I'm really happy with the fit and finish too. The sound IS stereo unlike previous models and seems to be totally different (new model or upgraded?) than the one in this review)

I like the styling and it's a lot lighter than my 4 year old HJC and for $269 I can't complain! There isn't a mirrored shield yet, so I ordered a smoke one. Gotta have one for the 290 + days of sun here. :D

So it seems the flat black one is back ordered until early May, at least that's what they tell me, and because I already sold my other helmet I had to change colors. It's not bad looking, besides I'm really tired of riding my FJR with my dirt bike helmet. :blink:

element-fastrack-helmet-gry-big.jpg

It looks way better in person, and it's growing on me. I ordered the black one anyway and might give this one to my wife, depends which one I like better. :rolleyes:

I'll let you know how sounds/feels at high speed soon, I've only used it around town and a few miles on the 5.
How do you like the fit? Which HJC model are you comparing it to? My head hates round helmets, I'm a true long oval type. I was able to get a Nolan N-102 to fit my long head after a few carvings. So, how's the fit, is it a round type? Any hot spots, do you know your head type? The helmet sure has some cool features, I doubt it will fit me though.

How do you like the fit? Which HJC model are you comparing it to? My head hates round helmets, I'm a true long oval type. I was able to get a Nolan N-102 to fit my long head after a few carvings. So, how's the fit, is it a round type? Any hot spots, do you know your head type? The helmet sure has some cool features, I doubt it will fit me though.
The fit is great, even the cheek pads are comfy. I wore an HJC AC-11 for the last 4 years.

I actually don't know if I'm round or long...wait :blink: never mind...

But I did find recently that Shoei doesn't fit my head, does that help?

What I'd like to know is if the BT headset built into these helmets has enough volume to be used with a set of 33 dB earplugs.

I will not ever ride again without earplugs of some kind.

I'm sick of answering the phone and door bell only to find nobody's there... :blink:

The volume level of the Starcom1 that I have now is just barely adequate with my preferred Howard Leight Max ear plugs.

I would (still) love to "cut the cord" to the helmets, but I don't think any BlueTooth headsets have the punch to be used with fully attenuating ear plugs.

What I'd like to know is if the BT headset built into these helmets has enough volume to be used with a set of 33 dB earplugs.

I'm sick of answering the phone and door bell only to find nobody's there... :blink:

The volume level of the Starcom1 that I have now is just barely adequate with my preferred Howard Leight Max ear plugs.

I would (still) love to "cut the cord" to the helmets, but I don't think any BlueTooth headsets have the punch to be used with fully attenuating ear plugs.
I finally installed my Stebel Nautilus horn over the weekend too.

I rode earlier today to grab some lunch and had the speakers up loud enough for my new horn to sound 'normal' to me. :clapping:

I haven't really blasted them yet though. I would think the speakers may start to distort, but I'll check it out.

I finally installed my Stebel Nautilus horn over the weekend too.

I rode earlier today to grab some lunch and had the speakers up loud enough for my new horn to sound 'normal' to me. :clapping:

I haven't really blasted them yet though. I would think the speakers may start to distort, but I'll check it out.

I'm not sure that I understand. Were you wearing earplugs?

Nope, just had the music up loud enough that the REALLY LOUD horn didn't sound very loud because the music drowned it out.

I don't normally ride with ear plugs unless I'm going to be on the bike for more than an hour, but I can check out the volume in the helmet with some and let you know.

Sounds awesome, however, i went to their website to do some more research and it appears that all they offer is single earpience set-up. You mention stereo - does that mean the helmet is equipped with 2 ear pieces? Thanks for clarifying. DD

Sounds awesome, however, i went to their website to do some more research and it appears that all they offer is single earpience set-up. You mention stereo - does that mean the helmet is equipped with 2 ear pieces? Thanks for clarifying. DD
Yes it does have stereo with two speakers that are installed in the fabric just above where the chin strap attaches on each side.

My buddy here at work couldn't tell there was anything installed in the helmet when I showed him the inside. It looks and feels that good.

It also comes with a wind or chin guard and the nose guard too.

Nope, just had the music up loud enough that the REALLY LOUD horn didn't sound very loud because the music drowned it out.

I don't normally ride with ear plugs unless I'm going to be on the bike for more than an hour, but I can check out the volume in the helmet with some and let you know.

What's that you say? Eh? Huh? (see me in a few years)

Yes, if you could try using it with some of these earplugs that would be awesome: Howard Leight Max. They sell them in small quantities in many chain drug stores.

I am too is interested to know if the speaker is loud enough that you can hear the caller while at speed while wearing ear plugs.

I have Cardio scala2 and it's pretty much useless.

I am too is interested to know if the speaker is loud enough that you can hear the caller while at speed while wearing ear plugs.I have Cardio scala2 and it's pretty much useless.
+1 here. That's my number one question to be answered before I cut the cord on my current setup. I have to boost my audio with an amp to hear music through my ear plugs so I'd need some significant volume.

Take it from this 46 yr old, you DON'T want to be riding even an hour without ear plugs. Once the ringing starts, it never goes away or gets easier to live with.