Ordered my rear case today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malve

Reaction score
Many of you can remember a few years ago when I considered selling my bike in the midst of my divorce and with two little ones at home. I haven't ridden much but am glad I kept the bike as it provided great therapy over the last few years....I'm even more glad that I met a super woman almost a year ago who also has two kids and SHE LOVES TO RIDE!!!!!!!

Just ordered the Yamaha rear trunk/back rest. She also wants to learn to ride and get a bike of her own. Did I mention that she said last week, "if you ever want to marry me, don't buy me a ring...get me a bike"? I'm either very lucky our she is playing me like a fiddle.

Anyway, very grateful and appreciative for everything that is going well in my world. I'm not on here much lately but please friend me on Facebook if you would like to keep up and or plan some rides.

-Michael Malvin

Glad to hear things are good Malve. Shoulda bought the Givi instead of the Yammie case though. :unsure:

And does she have a sister? Or perhaps a daughter? :D

You got that right, Skoot..... The Givis are hard to beat. Would be nice if the stocker side cases were as light as a compareable Givi but guess we cant have everything, yet.... ;)

Thanks Scoot. Funny thing... She happens to have a sister who just became single again recently and guess what else? She lives in your hood.

Sorry MEM, no brother :)

Many of you can remember a few years ago when I considered selling my bike in the midst of my divorce and with two little ones at home. I haven't ridden much but am glad I kept the bike as it provided great therapy over the last few years....I'm even more glad that I met a super woman almost a year ago who also has two kids and SHE LOVES TO RIDE!!!!!!!

Just ordered the Yamaha rear trunk/back rest. She also wants to learn to ride and get a bike of her own. Did I mention that she said last week, "if you ever want to marry me, don't buy me a ring...get me a bike"? I'm either very lucky our she is playing me like a fiddle.

Anyway, very grateful and appreciative for everything that is going well in my world. I'm not on here much lately but please friend me on Facebook if you would like to keep up and or plan some rides.

-Michael Malvin
Nice! Your story sounds eerily familar to mine. I divorced my first wife of 15yrs in 2009. I have two sons (and they live with me) and I like to ride & yes my motorcycle was my therapist for the first year after the divorce. Long story short I met a terrific woman that has two daughters and she rides herself. We got married Sept. of 2010 and we ride together as much as possible & have great times together all the time. When you finally meet the "RIGHT" person in life, relationships are soooo easy. They just work on their own accord because your not constantly trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I'm new to the FJR and might be getting the rear trunk soon as well. In about 3 weeks we'll be going on 3 day motorcycle trip to the mountains together for our anniversary. Life is good!

Great news and super great life is good for you :yahoo:

Still looking for a Woman who rides her own bike, smokes Cigars, drinks Dark Beer, and is in her high 40's low 50's. Been close a few times ;)

Bikes been my therapy for 10 years or so, and took me places I never dreamed of. Meet so many GREAT people and so much to see here in the good ole USofA :clapping:

Just happy that again life is GREAT for you!

What we are all striving for as Humans :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same situation as you... during my first marriage, buying my new Ducati was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was a used Ducati and not very expensive ($5k) but my first marriage ended soon afterwards (and this is after being married for 19 years). Divorce was in 2008. Met an amazing woman and re-married in 2010. My new wife loves to ride, she's already taken the MSF class and has her license. We bought a new (used) FJR a couple of months ago, added the Yamaha trunk and back rest, and we ride all the time now. Life is good!

GeorgiaRoller,

Well we'll have to share a beer and or a ride sometime. Glad to hear that someone else has come out the other side and landed in a better place.