Oxtar Matrix Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pair I bought from Newenough a few years back are a size 9 (Euro 43). I have an E width foot and had to have the toe section stretched by a shoemaker. Once I had that done, they fit like a pair of slippers.

I've had them on for 18 hours at a time, very comfy all day boot. And they really are waterPROOF!

I guess with all this talk of phasing them out, I better be looking for an extra pair real soon, eh?

I tried on a pair of size 45 or 11. That is what I normally wear and they fit fine. I do have large calves and they were'nt comfortable in that area so I didn't buy. The reason you can't get any is that the US distributor quit importing. A buddy of mine talked to Sierra BMW in the Reno area and supposedly there are talks for a new distibutor. I'm looking for a pair of Jupiter model as they are a lower cut. If things work out my wife is bringing them back from a trip to Ireland. Any way that appears to be why there are good deals on oddball sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know alot of you guys wear these. I want to order some online but read somewhere that the sizes run small. Any comments? I wear a 10 1/2 normally but will order a size bigger if I have to. I ran into the same problem buying some Fieldsheer gear and don't want to have to return it.

i wear a 46 in the Oxtars and a 46 in Birkies. The Oxtars run about a half size small. IMHO

I found they run just a pinch small.... I wear 9 1/2, and the Euro size 44 fits pretty damn well...

I wear a size 9, and my size 43 Oxtar's fit me very well. They are snug enough though, that I can't wear really thick socks.
Now that's interesting. I wear a size 10, and my size 43 Oxtars were a bit loose if anything. No problem with thick socks. They have broken in well and are mucho comfy.

Also interesing, is that at the following link at NewEnough.com, they now give standard U.S. sizing, and, they say the Matrix is going to be discontinued and a new Matrix 2 introduced shortly. Hmmmm.......hope the Matrix 2 is as good as the original.

Where are you looking to purchase yours from?

Clicky Here

Edit: A little more research and I found this link which shows the size 43 to match U.S. size 10. So all those freaks above me must have some funky feet. :lol:

Oxtar Matrix sizing

Perhaps the difference is in our widths/over all thickness of the feet?
SkooterG your right, my 43's are tight in width with thick socks on.

I normally wear a size 10 and the Euro 44 Oxtars fit me just fine with thick socks. I can wear them all day at work and they are very comfortable and they have kept my tootsies dry in some pretty heavy rains.

I give them 2 :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: