PAIR Plates Still Available?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!  Duh!  I guess I could have tried Google.  I just figures they were a local forum product.

I thought I read somewhere here that when you eliminate PAIR on the newer bikes (13 up) that it throws a code?  I ran 'em for over 100K on my '09 w/no issues.   I'd love to put them on my '18 if they play OK with all them new fangled electronix...

I thought I read somewhere here that when you eliminate PAIR on the newer bikes (13 up) that it throws a code?  I ran 'em for over 100K on my '09 w/no issues.   I'd love to put them on my '18 if they play OK with all them new fangled electronix...
IIRC that was from the solenoid valve.  On the Gen2 you can disconnect and remove it.  On the Gen3 it throws a code if removed.  You can still remove the plates & hoses, just leave the valve intact with capped off hoses.

Installed plates and removed the solenoid on my '15...no lights anywhere, although I haven't looked too hard for stored codes. No issues with run-ability before or after with the flashed ECU.

Of course, closed course use only!!

~G

Installed plates and removed the solenoid on my '15...no lights anywhere, although I haven't looked too hard for stored codes. No issues with run-ability before or after with the flashed ECU.

Of course, closed course use only!!

~G
Same here , 2013.  No codes before or after flash when plates installed.

It started with the one that has the OBD2 connection. What ever that year is.  2016 I believe. Now what I don't know is whether someone has left the selenoid in and added the plates without issues.

Dave

IIRC that was from the solenoid valve.  On the Gen2 you can disconnect and remove it.  On the Gen3 it throws a code if removed.  You can still remove the plates & hoses, just leave the valve intact with capped off hoses.
Thanks, I'll pull the tank and take a look at that.

Greg & I installed the plates on my ‘14, removed the solenoid & just stowed the solenoid connector. No issues or codes on mine (yet).