Passing on double yellow

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classic target fixation. Well within the limits of either bike. The first guy panics, hammers his back brake and goes where he's looking. The second guy fixates on the leader and follows him off the road.

"They're gonna beat our asses", was a hoot. They'd have either said they had it under control or have appreciated the help. Perfect example of public perception of riders.

Jeff,

Saw it a couple of days ago on the Wing forum. :) Once advertised, that link is gonna get a lot of hits. It just needs a catchy title. Will no doubt provoke some interesting posts.

Way, way, way funny!!!!

Agreed on the target fixation. He could have made that turn at the speed he was going, even on a Hardley.

The folks in the car needn't worry, the Harley guys were all dentists out for a Sunday ride.

Way, way, way funny!!!!
Agreed on the target fixation. He could have made that turn at the speed he was going, even on a Hardley.
all that nice soft greenery to pile up in... prolly didn't hurt ANYTHING but his pride...

shu

That car was CRAWLING...any point with visibility would have been safe to pass...

Was that the ride captain that crashed :blink: ...

That car was CRAWLING...any point with visibility would have been safe to pass...
Was that the ride captain that crashed :blink: ...

If you listen real hard, in the background I *think* you can hear that ride captain say, "hold mah beer and watch this..."

Am I the only one having a problem with that site in Firefox? It seriously F's with my browsing experience in Firefox, but works just fine in IE.
I also had to use Microsoft Internet Exploder.
As far as the bike biffing... I think the problem was because the H.D.'s were actually passing someone instead of being passed... they had no experience with that. :unknw:

at least I only got a ticket when I passed on double line....rather than a gully, it was a trooper around the corner (far enough away I might add….would insurance cover running into a trooper???) :blink:

Talk about a major blunder :(

Seemed to have already made the pass and was on a good line, then wtf happened!

most of puckered up thinking he was to close to those rocks/edge with his side bags!

hard to beleive he went down the hill though!,

wonder if a bug hit him inbetween the eyes, and made him blank out for a second? :dribble:

I think the problem was because the H.D.'s were actually passing someone instead of being passed... they had no experience with that
You're a mean, cold-hearted SOB, Southern -- ya know that? :D :D :D :D :D

Stef

I think the problem was because the H.D.'s were actually passing someone instead of being passed... they had no experience with that
You're a mean, cold-hearted SOB, Southern -- ya know that? :D :D :D :D :D

Stef
You know... it looked like a fairly benign crash... so I didn't think of the guy getting hurt. I would feel shitty if he did. So if he was hurt, I take it back. :blum:

You know... it looked like a fairly benign crash... so I didn't think of the guy getting hurt. I would feel shitty if he did. So if he was hurt, I take it back. :blum:
That stratolounger looks pretty heavy, I think any tip-over with the potential of it falling on you could be pretty serious. :glare:

:( Sorry to see any motorcyclist go off the road and get hurt or damage his/her ride.

For all the ribbing we give HD riders, they are still motorcyclists who just choose to go down a different path that many of us don't fathom.