Pathfinder's Border2Border2Border/-10/10ths Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Well I hesitated posting this for many reasons. The main reasons being that it was thrown

together as a default ride AND I really feel this ride could in fact be beyond my capabilities.

Thursday morning at 3 am I will leave out on a BBG3000 attempt to Coutts, Alberta (Canada)

After the BBG3000 attempt I will attempt a Canada to Mexico to Canada ride in 48 hours.

Then the next day I have an appointment with CLEARWATER LIGHTS to get a set off Krista

Aux. lights installed. (Long overdue) When I arrive in California for the appointment I will

have (Hopefully) over 7000 miles in 5 and 1/2 days... so I decided to complete the 10,000

miles for a 10/10ths. My plans are to leave California south to I-10, run east to Las Cruces,

NM then turn north, running up I-25 to I-90. From there I will head east to a family reunion

in Iowa to end the 10/10ths.

The catch to this 10/10ths is that I have less than 9 days to pull it off. So I need to average

well over 1200 miles a day to complete my route on time. After the Iowa stay WE will head

east to the EOM and explore the Smokies, before turning south and heading home.

My SPOT: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=371b4e596b3a932c9

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. You will so owe the Candy Butt Association serious penalty money after this ride.. :lol:

Tell me you have learned, and that you are taking an EXTRA shield for your helmet. Good luck, and ride safe.

WOW! I'll be pulling for you! Sounds pretty intense!

Very do-able as long as the weather and bike Gods are kind to you. It's hot out here in the west, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Don't forget to enjoy yourself, the miles go by easier!

WOW! I'll be pulling for you! Sounds pretty intense!

Very do-able as long as the weather and bike Gods are kind to you. It's hot out here in the west, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Don't forget to enjoy yourself, the miles go by easier!
Give me the heat ! Its the cold I hate. I might be leaving out from Florida in some rather bad weather.

I have to keep watching the trackers with their projections. You are right about miles going by easy

when you are enjoying the ride. I can't wait to get the lights... more reaction time for rats.

All I can say is WOW!!!!. :yahoo: :yahoo: Again, GOOD LUCK & RIDE SAFE.

What part of Iowa are you going to? I grew up around Dyersville and Dubuque. There are some surprisingly BEAUTIFUL rides in the N.E. corner and into WISC. & ILL. I never made it into Min. on my bikes back then. :( :(

What part of Iowa are you going to? I grew up around Dyersville and Dubuque. There are some surprisingly BEAUTIFUL rides in the N.E. corner and into WISC. & ILL. I never made it into Min. on my bikes back then. :( :(
I grew up in Waterloo/Cedar Falls and we have probably ridden many of the same roads.

Pine Lake will be my destination this ride. Dyersville! I had to take my sons there for a few

pick up games of baseball. "Is this Heaven?" ;)

N.E Iowa is truly an unknown treasure for most. Most riders cross through Iowa on I-80

and it leaves them with a bad impression of a flat boring state. When you start riding the

county blacktops, the beauty unfolds. Wisconsin, Minnesota all along the Mississippi river

were always my top rides. No maps, no GPS- just the sun for direction.

I will be wrapping up my "To Do" cert rides next year, and then I hope to start doing

a rally or two a year along with returning to wandering rides off the beaten paths.

I could not help but notice your IBA #. WOW!!!

I grew up in Waterloo/Cedar Falls and we have probably ridden many of the same roads.

Pine Lake will be my destination this ride. Dyersville! I had to take my sons there for a few

pick up games of baseball. "Is this Heaven?" ;)

N.E Iowa is truly an unknown treasure for most. Most riders cross through Iowa on I-80

and it leaves them with a bad impression of a flat boring state. When you start riding the

county blacktops, the beauty unfolds. Wisconsin, Minnesota all along the Mississippi river

were always my top rides. No maps, no GPS- just the sun for direction.

I will be wrapping up my "To Do" cert rides next year, and then I hope to start doing

a rally or two a year along with returning to wandering rides off the beaten paths.

I could not help but notice your IBA #. WOW!!!
I lived in W/CF for a year working for John Deere and had a duplex a couple blocks from the "Cattle Congress"

Some of the best rides start with, "Hey , that road looks interesting..."

I rode my F2 in "93" and wanted to show you didn't have ride a Beemer or Wing to ride long miles. :p :p

I lived in W/CF for a year working for John Deere and had a duplex a couple blocks from the "Cattle Congress"

Some of the best rides start with, "Hey , that road looks interesting..."

I rode my F2 in "93" and wanted to show you didn't have ride a Beemer or Wing to ride long miles. :p :p

It's a small world sometimes...

My father retired from Deere's after 31 years. I went to a "Few" events at the Cattle Congress.

I picked up a BMW Dakar for the very purpose of seeing "What's down there?, Is that a road?" :)

Good luck and best wishes my brother...

I sure wish I could somehow assist ya on this one Tony..
Barry- just posting up with support is great help.

It has been a tough pill to swallow missing out on SWFOG. I guess this is my

consolation prize. Have you got your cert yet? I sent in my paperwork for mine

just yesterday. That ride seems like yesterday... Must be getting old.

You doing EOM this year? Wayne put together one heck of a plan!

Nope I haven't sent it in yet.

For some reason ti got put on the "back burner" and neglected. I suppose just the fact I did it seemed about enough at the time. Guess tomorrow I'd best send it out.

Planning a Great Lakes Gold for myself next summer. Going to review your routes and see if I can get it done.

All I can say is WOW! Good luck on this ride. I'm sure you'll love the Kristas, they drastically improved my life on the bike after the sun goes down.

Ride Safe,

-Paul