• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my PIF Item:

EXL tail bag. Like new condition. One main compartment and two side compartments. Expandable to hold a whole lot more than I ever needed. (I only expanded it twice. Once after I bought it and just now to take the picture!) Comes with rain fly and straps (not pictured)

Bag and rain fly:

DSCF0028.jpg

Bag expanded:

DSCF0029-1.jpg

Bottom of bag (rubberized with straps attached)

DSCF0030-1.jpg

Here is my PIF Item:
EXL tail bag. Like new condition. One main compartment and two side compartments. Expandable to hold a whole lot more than I ever needed. (I only expanded it twice. Once after I bought it and just now to take the picture!) Comes with rain fly and straps (not pictured)

I could sure use that for my 125. I could offer up for my PIF item an "open-face" noise reducing headset for a Chatterbox GMRS X1 or X1 bluetooth. All my helmets are full-face, but I think this would also work well for a modular style helmet. Main difference is that the open face has a boom mike attached to the helmet bracket by a flexible stalk. Full face just use wires. Recently tested and working fine. Whaddaya think??

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my PIF Item:

I could sure use that for my 125. I could offer up for my PIF item an "open-face" noise reducing headset for a Chatterbox GMRS X1 or X1 bluetooth. All my helmets are full-face, but I think this would also work well for a modular style helmet. Main difference is that the open face has a boom mike attached to the helmet bracket by a flexible stalk. Full face just use wires. Recently tested and working fine. Whaddaya think??
PM me your address and post up some pics!

PM sent. I just checked Chatterbox's website and they specifically recommend this headset for modular/flip helmets. It also says that it's compatible with the FRS X2 model. Here's a pic;

OFheadset.jpg

Let me know if this is worthy or not.

PM sent. I just checked Chatterbox's website and they specifically recommend this headset for modular/flip helmets. It also says that it's compatible with the FRS X2 model. Here's a pic;

OFheadset.jpg

Let me know if this is worthy or not.
I think that it fits the spirit of the thread.

There you are folks, your next PIF item...

I just found the foam boobie that goes over the mic, that comes too. I had a Chatterbox cell phone call cord somewhere, but can't seem to locate it. If I find it, it will come along for the ride too.

I just found the foam boobie that goes over the mic, that comes too. I had a Chatterbox cell phone call cord somewhere, but can't seem to locate it. If I find it, it will come along for the ride too.
So you can ride down the road with a boobie in your mouth?

So you can ride down the road with a boobie in your mouth?

No, no...not IN your mouth. Chatterbox clearly specifies that it should be lightly touching your lips. Uhhhhh, I gotta go now. :eek:

Wasn’t sure if this was the best place to locate this but….

I have a 10% off coupon from New Enough to offer that is good thru 10/26. I placed a couple of orders for new helmets and jackets for me and the wife and after spending a good chunk of change, I got a coupon. O well, their pricing is always good and they do support all the rallies so if somebody can use it, PM me with your email address and I’ll forward the email with the coupon.

BullCBX

In the spirit of this thread................. (and because this forum continually helps me)
Thursday when i get paid i will have saved up enough to get the two bros exhaust. If anyone wants my stock exhaust they can have it. Just pay the shipping. I live in a one bedroom apt, not really a lot of space in my laundry room to store it anyways, might as well go somewhere and get used.

Cans are basically like new. Maybe some small scratches from being polished, mid pipes a little brown but still all very shiny and nice. They only have about 11k on them.

If we have any regulars here who have suffered low speed tipovers or are just sporting really beat looking stock cans they go to the front of the line, im just that kind of guy, id rather see someone get them that needs them and would appreciate them. (what can i say, ive rode some rolling trashpiles in my life)

If i order the two bros thurs, i have no clue how long it will take them to get here, so youll have to wait till i get them obviously.

edit.... oh and i can take pics if you want, but i think we all know what stock cans look like. :)
I'm In on the pipes (once you get yours) and thank you (my bike was pushed over in a parking lot) I can offer up a stock wind shield & a tank bag (I think - have to find the bag -) to this deal. NOTE: this is a nice idea!
sorry man someone has already spoken for them. Apologies for me taking to long to post back, im at work.

I'm interested in the pipes. Need to rummage through the spare gear/parts boxes for suitable PIF material. Great idea. My right pipe got scratched and slightly dinged in a tip over last year and my left pipe is moderately dinged in several places from her desire for a mud bath this year. Click the crash icon below if you need ugly evidence. I'll look through the garage...

They are yours.

I will pm you shortly, again, sorry it took me so long to respond, i work odd shifts at the jail.

Thanks dood. I have a couple desirable items in the garage I will take photos of tomorrow after work and post up. When you ride through here I'll buy you lunch and give yo a tour of a couple local roads too. TIA.

OK, Danger Dog was nice enough to offer me his near new cans when he replaces them. I have three items to PIF. I'll post each in it's own posting.

First: A RAM mount waterproof box. I bought it for my SkyFi2 XM radio, but never used it. Never mounted, lockable w/padlock:

EDIT: Claimed

FRONT VIEW

IMG_1786.jpg

REAR VIEW

IMG_1787.jpg

Second Item; a beaded seat cover. Used on the rider seat of my FJR for several thousand miles. In fine shape, I just never found it that helpful, others disagree. Some beads have faded to a gray color patina:

CLAIMED

IMG_1790-1.jpg

Third are a set of R&G can protectors. Muddy but no damage I can see. Never put them back on. Took them off because they were mounted incorrectly. All parts are here. The pipe clamp section was trimmed after mounting on the stock FJR cans. They are adjustable for a smaller muffler, but not larger. They mount near the front of the can, NOT as pictured! But thought you might like to get an idea how they work. CLAIMED

Picture:

IMG_1788.jpg

Mounted INCORRECTLY:

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Can I 'dibs" the can protectors? They would fit "Holeshot" cans wouldn't they? Happy to come to some arrangement re: freighting/postage to Australia.

If successful....I won't be home for another 2 weeks. Will have to rummage around the garage and see what I can find. Does the PIF have to be motorcycle related?

Can I 'dibs" the can protectors? They would fit "Holeshot" cans wouldn't they? Happy to come to some arrangement re: freighting/postage to Australia.
If successful....I won't be home for another 2 weeks. Will have to rummage around the garage and see what I can find. Does the PIF have to be motorcycle related?
I don't see why it would have to be motorcycle related. As long as it's something cool. Being that we all ride FJR's its just easier to assume that FJR goodies would be attractive to most folks.

Cheers Fred.....

It's just that, being away from home at the moment, there could be some worthwhile stuff at homehat I have forgotten about), that may not be FJR related.

This is a great concept, that I have seen work very well on other forums. In those instances, the thread is 'live' all the time...that is, you don't have to wait until the item that person A puts up for grabs, has gone, before you put up your item. Everyone is always adding to the list, bumping it etc. And their only rule is...must be free. If you are selling or trading it...then it goes in the classifieds ad.

Anyway.....great idea, excellent community spirit.

Yup, no reason someone can't post up parrallel PIFs. I think we actually have 2 going in parrallel right now in this thread. The more the merrier.

You were the first to ask Steve, so they are yours. I don't know about PIF rules. What do you have in mind for PIF booty? I guess you are trustworthy -- I can give you a couple weeks to figure something out...

PM me an address, I'll get some postage info and we can go from there.

Don't know about the holeshots... check the diameter and compare to the stocker, I guess. Although a little flexible, the protectors would only fit roundish cans is my guess.

Some beads have faded to a gray color patina:
I understand that constant exposure to methane does that to 'em.

Prolly melts them after a while.
NOPE! And I have photograpic proof! :)