PC III USB, Adiovox Cruise questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateskate

Reaction score
Bought an 07 FJR a month ago with a PCIII USB and an Audiovox Cruise already installed.

The cruise works but varies by 5 mph every 10 or 15 seconds. It's like riding with someone in a car who doesn't know how to hold the peddle steady. Can it be adjusted somehow? BTW, it's got a cool little PVC vacuum bottle under the seat with the throttle controller. (thinking of adding G2. Would assume this wouldn't change the cruise operation???)

Secondly, there is a PCIII under the back seat. The bike runs great so I'm not interested in changing the tunes right now. How do I use the thing should I want to? Is there a special cable to hook up to a computer? Do I need a program? What are the three buttons for?

Thanks for the help. I have moderate mechanical ability, just slightly beyond oil changes, etc.

Nate

Get the software from this page, install it on your laptop. Connect the USB port on the PCIII to the laptop and run the software. The program allows you to monitor its operation, upload its map to your PC, or download new maps to the device. I can't recall if the user guide is in the software download or if it's elsewhere on the site.

As for the cruise, is that variation flat and level? or up and down hills? May have incorrect switch settings in the control unit, make sure 1 is on, 2 is off for the correct pulses per mile (resolution of the speed sensing.)