Performance Chip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a beautiful bridge I'm prepared to part with for a very reasonable price, it is guaranteed to speed up your commute :rolleyes:

Seriously though, just get a PCIII/V if you're looking for EFI improvements.

250px-GoldenGateBridge-001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing sounds really fishy. I like how they don't really describe what it does. It describes 'offering a module' that customizes fuel and timing? Not sure if that's a separate product they offer or if they're talking about the $40 object for sale. I may message them to see if they even know what it does for an FJR. Also interesting is that i doesn't state which years, just a recipe to piss somebody off. Not sure how they'd make the same one work for both gen 1 and 2.

In the questions, they post "Is this a one-size-fits-all" and they say no, it's developed specifically for each machine.

NEXT PARAGRAPH states that you get a generic instruction sheet for the basic installation steps.

And timing is not available on the FJR outside of the ECU.

I have a beautiful bridge I'm prepared to part with for a very reasonable price, it is guaranteed to speed up your commute :rolleyes:

Seriously though, just get a PCIII/V if you're looking for EFI improvements.

250px-GoldenGateBridge-001.jpg
Brother Scott, that is a Hell of a deal that James is offering on that beautiful bridge: You really should buy it!

But if you should take a pass on purchasing James' bridge, please let me sell you some ocean front property here in Arizona. From your new land you can even see the Sea. Just around the bend in this photo is a beautiful Pacific Ocean white sand beach with palm trees and gentle surf!

colorado_river.jpg

Jeez Marie Canadian FJR, you ride a Generation One and the fastest year at that: A 2003. Trying to put more performance into our and wfooshee's FJR's is like trying to pack more shrapnel into a U. S. Army M-34 Fragmentation Grenade: How much more killing power do you really need?

Now, if I owned one of those dogs ass slow Gen II's: I would buy a dozen of these performance chips and duct tape them all over the bike to see if they would help out the performance of those two wheeled rolling boat anchors!

Now, if I owned one of those dogs ass slow Gen II's: I would buy a dozen of these performance chips and duct tape them all over the bike to see if they would help out the performance of those two wheeled rolling boat anchors!
See...AGAIN I had NO input or participation in this shit-stirring episode.

I need to see some damn apologies from you Gen II dorks!!! :finger:

Yeah But, You are still the Inspiration! :evilgrin: :bleh:

Yeah But, You are still the Inspiration! :evilgrin: :bleh:
RadioHowie is my HERO!

I just may be inteerested in that ocean front property. Send me a plane ticket and lend me one of those fine motorcycles you own and I can take a run over and have a little look see. :p

Canadian FJR

I just may be interested in that ocean front property. Send me a plane ticket and lend me one of those fine motorcycles you own and I can take a run over and have a little look see. :p

Canadian FJR
Being a poor, destitute, impoverished and starving Retiree on Social Security, I sadly and unfortunately cannot pay for your airline ticket. However, if one of my motos is free you certainly can ride it along with my illegitimate Bastard Son SkooterG and Papa Chuy around the Southwest.

If Mary Ellen is not here when you arrive, you can sleep in The Stanley Boy's Guest Bedroom. If MEM is here at the same time, you will have to sleep on the living room couch with Old Michael. Interestingly, when yamafitter - Bill F. RSVP'd his coming to visit us this Winter: He insisted on sleeping with OM!

I wonder if the required 'basic hand tools' include a soldering iron. Some of the chips Ive seen for sale for cars are made by decoding the firmware in the factory ECU and modifying it. That works OK if the factory chip is pluggable but gets a little more difficult if you have to replace the existing chip with heat and solder.

... Interestingly, when yamafitter - Bill F. RSVP'd his coming to visit us this Winter: He insisted on sleeping with OM!
I would rather sleep with the dog and cat. Less likely to pick up flees.

Considering the fact that RadioHowie, Bustanut & you all ride Gen I's, it should be no surprise that most of he folks around here prefer to be associated with the Gen II's.

We all know that apparently the Gen I will not only roast your nuts but your brains as well. In the case of the three folks mentioned it was easier for what little brains there was to roast considering their brains are more closely located to their nuts.

I'm sure it's roughly equivalent to the Fuel Doctor:

FD47PROD205x1501.jpg

Looking at reviews on snowmobile forums, appears it modifies manifold temp sensor signal. Interesting idea, but how much does it modify temp? Is it smart enough to wait until vehicle has reached operating temp? Does it do it across the entire RPM range? Since it only has two wires, I'm guessing not. Give the $$ to your significant other, you'll get a much better return!

... Interestingly, when yamafitter - Bill F. RSVP'd his coming to visit us this Winter: He insisted on sleeping with OM!
I would rather sleep with the dog and cat. Less likely to pick up flees.

Considering the fact that RadioHowie, Bustanut & you all ride Gen I's, it should be no surprise that most of he folks around here prefer to be associated with the Gen II's.

We all know that apparently the Gen I will not only roast your nuts but your brains as well. In the case of the three folks mentioned it was easier for what little brains there was to roast considering their brains are more closely located to their nuts.
And now I'm drawn into this sordid affair?

You guys are diks!! I'm goin' home.

:fuck:

colorado_river.jpg

That looks like the view from the New Navajo Bridge....I hear it is also for sale, compliments the lovely ocean view just around the bend....