Picked up a present on EOM-6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tby

Reaction score
I road EOM-6 yesterday, and I think you guys must have pissed off the residents of Hobbs Lane -- the road posted "Dead End" that wasn't -- because they had a little present waiting for me:

Thankfully I had a repair kit, just wish I'd purchased the version that didn't require removing the valve core -- I didn't think to deflate the tire first and that little sucker nearly shot out into the weeds.

-Bryce

Thankfully I had a repair kit, just wish I'd purchased the version that didn't require removing the valve core -- I didn't think to deflate the tire first and that little sucker nearly shot out into the weeds.
-Bryce
Well, I'm glad you had the Slime repair kit that got you back on the road...that said, I and many here are not fans of Slime liquid added into a tire...their small 12v compressor is great and their plug kit products are good also

please warn your tire changer guy whoever he is that there's Slime in the tire before he removes it

Slime can be nasty to deal with and is know to be corrosive to aluminium rims

Best to carry a sticky string plug kit or a mushroom plug kit or both like I do for repairs.

I also install "Ride On" in my tires for balancing and flat prevenative. Ride On is water soluable and no problem to use.

You can google "flat site:fjrforum.com" if you like for lotsa info on the forum.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'