Picking up a 2016es on Friday.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaiderBill

Reaction score
Had a 2011 before and loved it but sold it as I did not like it for 2 up with the wife. Now I have had a stratoliner in the garage for awhile and we go on rides with that (she calls it "our" bike). I have been working on her for awhile but got the ok to trade my triumph thunderbird storm in on a 2016 es. 2 cruisers in the garage was not doing it. I feel I got a great deal 25miles on it, stated it was a demo bike and came with a Yamaha trunk, 14,500. Going to Texas tomorrow and will post pics when I get back. Very excited to be back on a fjr.

Just got back tonight, the bike is fantastic. Had 13 miles on it. The dark blue metallic pain is lovely. Pretty tired put 550 miles on it today, now for its first service. The Yamaha top trunk is great also really like it. First mod will be a touring windscreen, the buffeting at the head was not horrible but did not expect the stock windscreen to be so short. 2nd mod will be seat. Serious monkey butt today before I got tired and quit caring as much. Really am loving being back on an fjr again. One more thing cruise control is really nice, its great to let that right hand off the bars for a while. I will post up some pics tomorrow.

Sorry about the giant fjr. Had to use a new pic hosting site and I am not too proficient with that kind of thing.
smile.png

J First mod will be a touring windscreen, the buffeting at the head was not horrible but did not expect the stock windscreen to be so short. 2nd mod will be seat. Serious monkey butt today before I got tired and quit caring as much.
I picked my leftover '16 a couple weeks ago, and those were the two things that I knew I had to correct asap as well. Like your touring box, I had them throw in a Yamaha Touring windshield in to make the negotiated numbers work a bit better, and my Sargent seat is due to arrive on Monday. I think you'll be pleased with the Touring shield...at 6'1", 34" inseam, I get just a touch of buffeting on the top and rear top of my helmet, but otherwise that quiet bubble is nice from time to time (and on colder days)...and at mid-level and low setting, it provides normal airflow to cool the neck and upper chest (via jacket vents, open collar, etc.), so I’m hoping I’ll be able to use it even in the very warm summertime. If I do need extra cooling for hot days, I still have the stock shield (that is 4” shorter, though same width), and they interchange fairly easily.

Just got back tonight, the bike is fantastic. Had 13 miles on it. The dark blue metallic pain is lovely. Pretty tired put 550 miles on it today, now for its first service. The Yamaha top trunk is great also really like it. First mod will be a touring windscreen, the buffeting at the head was not horrible but did not expect the stock windscreen to be so short. 2nd mod will be seat. Serious monkey butt today before I got tired and quit caring as much. Really am loving being back on an fjr again. One more thing cruise control is really nice, its great to let that right hand off the bars for a while. I will post up some pics tomorrow.

J First mod will be a touring windscreen, the buffeting at the head was not horrible but did not expect the stock windscreen to be so short. 2nd mod will be seat. Serious monkey butt today before I got tired and quit caring as much.
I picked my leftover '16 a couple weeks ago, and those were the two things that I knew I had to correct asap as well. Like your touring box, I had them throw in a Yamaha Touring windshield in to make the negotiated numbers work a bit better, and my Sargent seat is due to arrive on Monday. I think you'll be pleased with the Touring shield...at 6'1", 34" inseam, I get just a touch of buffeting on the top and rear top of my helmet, but otherwise that quiet bubble is nice from time to time (and on colder days)...and at mid-level and low setting, it provides normal airflow to cool the neck and upper chest (via jacket vents, open collar, etc.), so I’m hoping I’ll be able to use it even in the very warm summertime. If I do need extra cooling for hot days, I still have the stock shield (that is 4” shorter, though same width), and they interchange fairly easily.
If any of you fellas is getting an aftermarket seat and will have no use for the stock, I'd be interested in buying the stock pillion seat. Just PM me if you ever want to sell it. Congrats on the new rides!

R/B - welcome back to the party. Glad you like your FJR, and with very good reason.

We are gathering at Yosemite in two weeks. Order your windshield and a sheepskin cover for your seat. That will get you there and back. Cheers!!!

I already bought the Yamaha touring screen, the stock seat does leave a lot to be desired.

Raider Bill, like you, the stock seat just killed me, Made arrangements with Russell Day Long in the winter, best money I've spent. I did the Heli-bar at the same time, made an unbelievable difference. Mine is the gen II although, not sure what the Gen III has for bar adjustability. Have FUN !!

Congrats on the new bike. I sold my 13 and bought a 16es a few months ago. Just got back from a 4700 mile trip out west and the bike ran great.
bike.gif