• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PILOT ROAD 2 Group (Self) Buy for FJRForum.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it!

I agonized for 2 weeks between the Road 2's and Power 2CT's and went with the powers on 2/7 when Ridenow put them on EBay for $259 inc. shipping...Damn!

I guess looking at the kind of riding we do over here (zero slab/interstate, mostly county 4 laners and mountian twisties), I was hoping the powers would be more suitable....

I Imagine I will end up with Roads on the at least the rear eventually...

You guys lucked out....great work Toe!!

Hey Toe, GREAT JOB.

I'm in. PM or email will be fine. I guess I'll go and check to be sure my message box ain't full.. :unsure:

Damn it!
I agonized for 2 weeks between the Road 2's and Power 2CT's and went with the powers on 2/7 when Ridenow put them on EBay for $259 inc. shipping...Damn!

I guess looking at the kind of riding we do over here (zero slab/interstate, mostly county 4 laners and mountian twisties), I was hoping the powers would be more suitable....

I Imagine I will end up with Roads on the at least the rear eventually...

You guys lucked out....great work Toe!!
Can you tell me what you think of the Pilot Powers on your bike? Are they that much better handling? Can you really get more aggresive lean angles on fast sweepers and the tight stuff? Is the wear horrible?

Thanks in advance...

Hey TC, add me to the list. I'll be anxiously waiting for a PM. I LOVE my PR2's!!! Won't need a set for a few thousand more miles but will order anyway at this price.

Damn, deplete funds till the begining of next month. I can't beleive I'm gonna miss this

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, deplete funds till the begining of next month. I can't beleive I'm gonna miss this
I believe you can set up Paypal so that you can pay by credit card. That way the bill comes next month, after funds replenishment, and you don't have to miss out.

(no charge for the "creative funding" consultation) :glare:

They'll be available next month, it's just that the vendor expects a 8% price increase. It's not a back-breaker, just possibly the lowest price of this year.

I hope all the Western States folks remembered to add $10.00 for their shipping. Maybe I better add a reminder to the instructions. After all, we're not on the first page anymore.

UPDATE: Just spoke to the vendor, and there is a small issue. Due to the heavy response on this group buy, he thinks that the supplier may ship the tires by truck freight, as the quantities are too many for UPS to take, which will add a couple of days to the timetable. So, it looks like they won't make it to his shop until maybe the end of next week, and start getting shipped out from then.

It's a good kind of problem, as I see it. He was impressed by the response, and indicated a willingness to doing a repeat sale in the future. So, let's do our part to make this happen smoothly, and we may stay in good graces, with a future discount tire supplier.

I believe you can set up Paypal so that you can pay by credit card. That way the bill comes next month, after funds replenishment, and you don't have to miss out.

(no charge for the "creative funding" consultation) :glare:
I just did that. I didn't want the funds coming out of my personal account, and since I'm expecting a check from our uncle in a few weeks I'll just pay it when the bill comes in.

Oh yeah, payment sent. Thanks to Toecutter for setting this up.

UPDATE: Just spoke to the vendor, and there is a small issue. Due to the heavy response on this group buy, he thinks that the supplier may ship the tires by truck freight, as the quantities are too many for UPS to take, which will add a couple of days to the timetable. So, it looks like they won't make it to his shop until maybe the end of next week, and start getting shipped out from then.
It's a good kind of problem, as I see it. He was impressed by the response, and indicated a willingness to doing a repeat sale in the future. So, let's do our part to make this happen smoothly, and we may stay in good graces, with a future discount tire supplier.
Again...thank you, thank him, and thank the truck driver. A few extra days is fine with me!!!

Still too late to get in? I'd like to join. Thanks and thanks for organizing.

Slow Runner.

EDIT: Payment sent. $279.95. Thanks again.

please forward info......it's not midnight yet!

edit: paid

Nice find Toe!

I'm in. Please PM me with paypal instructions.

Thanks again!

JoeR6

Status
Not open for further replies.