• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pilot Road 2's B spec set only $179.99

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok gents, I give up. I've researched the rear size of 180/55/ZR17 in the "C" version and came up with no definition for the rating. I've checked the fitment guide on the Michelin website and it shows the PR2 in that size in A, B & C, all noted with the (73W). I know the B is for two up riding, but can't figure what the C rating means. Any ideas?https://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/tires/michelin-pilot-road-2#dim
From the Motorcycle Superstore site:

"Model Specific Fitments:

180/55ZR-17 B = BMW K1200GT & R1200RT; Yamaha FJR1300

180/55ZR-17 C = Triumph Tiger 1050 (2008)"

I've never seen one, but it is the right size, yes? I'd think the difference is the tread pattern, not sure.........

Ok gents, I give up. I've researched the rear size of 180/55/ZR17 in the "C" version and came up with no definition for the rating. I've checked the fitment guide on the Michelin website and it shows the PR2 in that size in A, B & C, all noted with the (73W). I know the B is for two up riding, but can't figure what the C rating means. Any ideas?https://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/tires/michelin-pilot-road-2#dim

I've never seen one, but it is the right size, yes? I'd think the difference is the tread pattern, not sure.........
Google has failed me again. I've got 10 pages open reading like a madman before the tire disappears from my shopping cart and can't find the difference. Me thinks we're too late for this deal?

strange... they say add $54 for the 180/55ZR17, but the "B" is flat rate?Usually you will pay $20 or so more for a "B"

$199 for a set !

$179 for the next order !

Think I will order 1 set Tuesday another Wednesday with the credit, and another Thursday with another credit.

I really need 2 fronts and 3 rears.... hmmm...
I need want 190/55's. If they were at the $199 price that is exactly what I would do!
Fixed it for ya and...

+$72.00 for the FatSider 190/55

Much steeper than other outlets/vendors for this up-sizing.
More need than want! I am on a VFR 1200 now which is 190/55 stock. I have added a Penske and substantially stiffer front springs and do not want to mess with the geometry. Also I ride 2up pretty aggressively and want/need that additional 1/2 inch of rubber on the ground.

I am always searching for tire deals but this one just was not quite right for me...but knew there would be some of youins that could benefit!

Google has failed me again. I've got 10 pages open reading like a madman before the tire disappears from my shopping cart and can't find the difference. Me thinks we're too late for this deal?
I just got off the phone with customer support. They didn't have any other info on the "c" but I ordered the combo anyway as it is for my KTM supermoto t which is lighter than the Tiger. I'll report if it's a weird pr2.

Thanks for the heads up 199 for a set is a great deal.

The C spec is for the British bike (Triumph) so they wind the tread on the opposite way for left-side driving.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the record, I DID order the B spec rear.

I called because the Order confirm showed $199 but only the front tire was on the confirm.

The rep told me there is no such thing as a B spec, and if there is they don't carry it because its not even in their system.

Pretty frustrating, but overall I am in a good mood today so I stayed calm. I asked him to doublecheck, he says it doesn't exist in their system.

Good news is they don't charge until they ship, so I made sure they don't ship me ONE PR 2...

Hell, come to think of it, I am going to email them.

Just for the record, I DID order the B spec rear.I called because the Order confirm showed $199 but only the front tire was on the confirm.

The rep told me there is no such thing as a B spec, and if there is they don't carry it because its not even in their system.

Pretty frustrating, but overall I am in a good mood today so I stayed calm. I asked him to doublecheck, he says it doesn't exist in their system.

Good news is they don't charge until they ship, so I made sure they don't ship me ONE PR 2...

Hell, come to think of it, I am going to email them.
B spec is rear only. Front is the same spec.

B spec is rear only. Front is the same spec.
I know. I called them to ask what happened to the rear tire in my order, and he asked what tire I thought I ordered. I told him 180/55/17 B spec, and he said "we don't sell the B spec"

He was willing to add the non B-spec to rear to my cart, but he never heard of the B spec REAR.

Oh well, I never bought from them before anyway. The loss is bigger for me than them.

I bit anyway. Ordered the 180 and still got a set for $254 shipped. Thanks to the OP I got a back up set at a great price and now know I can sell any tires that don't fit my FJR to Bugnatr!

I ordered a set even though they only have "c" rears left for the cheaper price. For this price they still got to work better than the original BT 20"s that are still on my 07 when I bought it a few months back.

I ordered a set even though they only have "c" rears left for the cheaper price. For this price they still got to work better than the original BT 20"s that are still on my 07 when I bought it a few months back.
They Absolutely will be better than the BT 20's, okiesaki! Trust me. :)

Looked up the specs for the Tiger 1050 and it only weighs 539 lbs wet where the FJR comes in around 639 lbs. My conclusion is that the C maybe for a lighter weight capacity.

Dang Glory Racing....you always have the line on tires. This doesn't beat the $165 for a pair of Angel GT's you hooked us up with but still a heck of a deal.

Alrighty. The UPS dude just left and here's what I have...

The tire on the left is the one delivered this morning which is supposed to be a C-spec tire according to Motosport. The tire on the right is a B-Spec I bought a while back.

i-9p23BLr-XL.jpg

Here's the sidewall information from the B-spec...

i-v9wnF46-XL.jpg

And here's the sidewall info for the C-spec...

i-vWpfLsj-XL.jpg

So I'm not sure what to think, but I'm glad the sidewall information is the same for both tires. I was thinking the max load might be different between the two.