Pipes For The Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for the LeoVince cans same as Bluestreek. I chose the carbon finish though.
LeoVinceRH.jpg

Love the looks & sound (with street-legal baffles installed) B) Check it out:Leo Vince sound bite

Stef
I just installed the Leo Vince CF cans today on my 05. They look and sound great! The machine work and packaging was second to none!!!

I wasn't expecting a noticeable change in performance. Let’s just say, I was pleasantly surprised. The throttle response it definitely “snappier”. :D Plus, the sound adds a sweet personality to the bike.

I purchased them from SportbikeEffects.com: very prompt customer service with good follow through, btw!

Thanks for the post!

Does anyone know of any modifications that can be done to the oem cans on the fjr. Is there a possible baffle change or take out or holes drilled in an inconspicious location etc. Or did Yamaha not leave any chance of mods to the cans at all. Is the cans a totally welded (concealed) compartment with no removal of any internal parts? Anyone?

Does anyone know of any modifications that can be done to the oem cans on the fjr. Is there a possible baffle change or take out or holes drilled in an inconspicious location etc. Or did Yamaha not leave any chance of mods to the cans at all. Is the cans a totally welded (concealed) compartment with no removal of any internal parts? Anyone?
You'll find several oe exhaust mod products here, users have been lees than thrilled with the results however..............

Exhaust mods

Thanks Rad I appreciate the reply but I was wandering what I could do myself to the oem cans to modify them without buying anything from a website. But I guess taking the baffle out myself means that the fjr performance will depreciate in performance. Maybe, I don't know for sure. I can tell you anything you want to know about plumbing,heating, or airconditioning being a master hvac contractor and plumber but my mechanics are in the basic engine catagory and backyard catagory. All I know is if you had no muffler on your engine it does effect some valves (exhaust I guess) in a way but I think baffles are for noise reduction anyway so YEA I'm dumb to some things!

Lack of backpressure (as in exhaust mods) will lean a carb motor, with FI this doesn't happen, due to sensor input indicating the increased airflow (within limits of course). But the FJR is already mapped lean-thats why the Power Commander is so popular on this platform. In any case, those with exhaust mods (after market muffs) have seen little in the way of improved performance, 1-3% at best. Most (like me) did it for better sound and/or appearance.

You may want to check out the LeoVince slip-ons.

I've had the carbon-fiber ones for a year and I'm very happy with them.

LeoVinceRH.JPG

The aluminum cans cost just over $500 if you buy them from our fellow FJR-rider and vendor SportbikeEffects

Stef

Thanks Stef, they do sound gooooood. Maybe I can wait a little longer financially to afford them. At a low in my career right now but I always bounce back. Back to ya from Louisville Ky. Steve

"The aluminum cans cost just over $500 if you buy them from our fellow FJR-rider and vendor SportbikeEffects"

That's what I'm waiting for. They are supposed be here next week!! :)

Rick

At a low in my career right now
Hang in there bro. Tide will turn. :good:

and

Rickysnickers

You'll love the finish on those pipes :D . Remember, you won't need replacement seals and - with any luck - the old graphite seals will come out with the stock cans.

Stef