Pirelli Angle GT offeres best mileage in segment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grain of Salt.

grain-of-salt.jpg

I can't be bothered reading or watching the whole thing. But just looking at what I know to be true, I'm assuming that it was the best tires in the segment where no other tires other than Pirelli GTs were used.

I can't be bothered reading...looking at what I know to be true, I'm assuming that it was the best tires in the segment where no other tires other than Pirelli GTs were used.
"...the authoritative independent German body Motorrad TestCenter which conducted a test, comparing Pirelli with Michelin Pilot Road 3, Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II, Bridgestone Battlax BT 023, Continental RoadAttack2 and Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact M/O."

Fair and square. Jumbo (a.k.a. 2 Tons of Fun) got the Sportmax, SmokeyBurnRubber got the Battlax, One Wheel Peel got the RoadAttacks, Black Stripe Esteban got the Z8, and PeeWee Limp Wrist got the GTs. Oh wait, what influence could a rider make in a tire test? With a sample size of 1 (each) in less than 12k miles how can you definitively say one tire will typically outlast the others? Easy, work for the Motorrad TestCenter.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to find out how these compare in real life (aka FJR Forum members) though.

The way some of the peeps here burn through tires, it shouldn't be long before we have some data.

It will be interesting to find out how these compare in real life (aka FJR Forum members) though.
The way some of the peeps here burn through tires, it shouldn't be long before we have some data.
Not really most guys here allready have a favorite tire and the Angel does come up in conversation but not much and not very often. Dont wanna go NERT here but tire hype has been rung to death here and like I said this one is not one of the favorites.

If you want to stick like glue and change tires every 2-3000 miles you might like it though.

I have been really satisfied with my Pirelli Angel ST, which is on its last kms (us Canadians don't use miles)... Final tally is still up in the air but I have at least 9000 kms on the rear (hard riding). I do plan on trying the Pirelli Angel GT next time around.

I have almost 5K on Angel STs and they provide great grip and still no where near wear bars. This has been relativly light riding and some commuting in DC.

AVON's offering rebates
smile.png
, this Pirelli and the Storm 2 Ultra will likely be my next pair.

Ready for something different besides Michelin but give high ratings on the Pilot Powers, I got the same mileage with them as the PR2's.

Running PR3's right now and although I loved them at the beginning of their life, I am not as pleased with how they have become with some wear on them. Noisy and funny wear pattern (due to the crosscut sipes, I think). Expect to get 10,000 miles or so out of them although I'll hate the last half of those miles. I have a set of PR2s waiting in the wings but I think I will try the Angel GT after that. Always on the lookout for the next great tire. So far, I haven't found it!

I can't be bothered reading or watching the whole thing. But just looking at what I know to be true, I'm assuming that it was the best tires in the segment where no other tires other than Pirelli GTs were used.
Ive been meaning to post my experience with the Pirelli Angle GT - I can't understand why someone would post something like this if they haven't even read the test. Motorrad TestCenter is a reliable source of information.

Anyway, after going through a few sets of these tires including 2 track days at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile, I can say that these tires are pretty damn good. The tires stuck like glue and and had surprisingly little wear on them. A couple other FJR riders were there using the Angles Gt's and they seemed to like them too.

Compared to the BT23 GT that i was using these seem to turn in easier, gave better bump assorbtion and in general seem to out perform the BT23's which preformed well.

In terms of longevity they last a little longer than BT23, and the PR3, getting about 8500 miles on the rear. Comparable to what I got from the PR2's but better in every other way.

Like the Pirelli Diablo the rear tire has no tread in the middle but GT has more visible wear bars so you can see when the tire needs replacing. They handled well through out the life of the tire and only felt heavy at the very end.

In terms of value the Angles are in the upper end at about $300 per set compared to $230 for the BT23'

In conclusion, of all the tires I have used including the PR2 PR3 and the BT23, I like the Angles the best.

Yeah, but I saw you ride on Horse Thief Mile. You ride slow. Like a girl. Bastard.

Fairlaner was running the Pirellis on horse thief Mile too. Another fast fuck.

I know I will never run a Conti Motion rear on the track again. That thing was lose as a goose. Scared the crap out of me many times.

I put the Angel GT's on fairly late in the season but have been pleased with their performance - like them better than PR2 or PR3. Time will tell about longevity and how they behave toward the end of their life.