PISMO BEACH TO BIG BEAR LAKE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AIRHEAD#124

Reaction score
Planning on riding hwy 166 to Frazier Park to Gorman South on N2 (lake Huges Rd ) to hwy 14 to N3 (Angeles Crest) to Hwy 2. I est 3-4 hrs.

Now from Mnt Wilson to Wrightwood;how long & miles??

From Wrightwood to Crestline hwy138 to 18 Big Bear Lake; time & distance??

Any ROAD WORK delays?? Road Condition? Planning on 8-10 hour ride (reasonable?)

Riding on a weekday Tues-Thurs!

Havn't rode Hwy 2 in a LONG LONG Time +30yrs; great memory's!!

Just rode HWY 2 today from Wrightwood to La Canada and back the same way.

Now from Mnt Wilson to Wrightwood;how long & miles??

About 50 miles, Time depends on your riding but an hour or so is a good estimate. It is twisty and alot of fun but speed limit is 55. I scraped a peg today going slightly over the speed limit. :yahoo:

From Wrightwood to Crestline hwy138 to 18 Big Bear Lake; time & distance??

About 60 miles and not as twisty so I would guess another hour.

Planning on 8-10 hour ride (reasonable?) For sure

Any ROAD WORK delays?? Road Condition?

There are two areas on the 2 that are being worked on and they have it down to a single lane with a stop light. Both are maybe only 100 feet long so it is not that big of a delay. (May be different for you during the week when they are actually working on it)

The road is in great shape but full of rocks and sand. Most of it was obvious but still something to worry about. There was alot of head tapping going on today so keep an eye out for the two cycle cops not running radar and hiding in the shady corners.

Thank's for the Info: & the heads up! Leaving Pismo FOG at 08:30 Wednesday & looking forward to back roads & light traffic! My wingman & I havn't ridden the CREST since we moved to the CENTRAL COAST with are families in 1976!!

DEJA VOUS :yahoo:

WHAT A GREAT RIDE WEDNESDAY :yahoo: NO TRAFFIC AT ALL; ONLY A FEW BIKES & AUTO'S!! CLEAR ROADS.

REALLY ENJOYED THE RIDE; WILL DO IT AGAIN :yahoo: :yahoo: SOON :)