Big Bear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should be there just before 10am. We are meeting at Sunland at 8:30 which means BS until 8:45. Get the fast group off at 8:50 Followed by the other two groups. I am hoping to make Arrowhead around 11:30.
I will be at the Big Pines Lodge before 10AM.

I will be at the Big Pines Lodge before 10AM.

We too! ( the world famous Duke the Fjr ride'n dog, will be sportin his shaved down summer cut!)

We too! ( the world famous Duke the Fjr ride'n dog, will be sportin his shaved down summer cut!)
Mark, I will meet you & Duke at your motel 9AM. We can ride through Phelan on Phelan Rd., turn right on 138 and left on Largo Vista Rd. (N4) to meet with the group at the Big Pines Lodge.

Yeah what Bill and Ed said, you bunch of sissys.
Dan, the problem with your route is two parts. Where you split of Tijunga to 2 is incorrect. You need to continue on Tigunga to the Upper Big Tijunga then go S to Angeles Crest. The part of 2 you went to is still closed we have to go further east to get on 2 according to the lady I talked to at Caltrans.

The second part is at wrightwood we stay on 2 to 138 instead of getting off 2 and going south on lone pine canyon road. If people want to we can take lone pine canyon road I dont really care at that point.

Finally if you want to take the northern loop at big bear its all good with me. I just figured there were going to be people that were going to need a pee break. After all there are no real places to stop until Redlands. Yes guys can pee in the trees but the ladies that are with us probably wont.
Should be Big Tujunga Canyon to Angeles Forest Highway (left), then right on Upper Big Tujunga Canyon to Angeles Crest left.

Are the Sandy Eggo folks meeting at the usual Temecula Shell Station (Temcula Pkwy and 15)? If so, what time (6:30?)?

Are the Sandy Eggo folks meeting at the usual Temecula Shell Station (Temcula Pkwy and 15)? If so, what time (6:30?)?
It appears the early birds are getting the brownies. Don't forget the coffee.

The Starbuck Sunland group, don't fret, there should be some left if Johnny80 doesn't show up at the Shell station in Temecula.

I cant make it. Mucho overtime....at least I made last years. look forward to next year.

Ride well and safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. I've cleared the weekend schedule and ready to roll.

My Pillion boy has plans so I get to ride solo... :yahoo:

Hey Redtail, would you like to meet up at the Shell Station 101 & White Oak???

and anyone else in the West SFV.

I've been off-thread and catching up. We plan to camp on Saturday night. Anyone else interested? It will be Andy and Jillian the Pillion. We'll carry our gear on the ride and peel off at some appropriate time. Or maybe complete the ride and then travel to a camp spot. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm not familiar with camping in those parts. Camped around Arrowhead once and that is it. Any suggestions? Don't plan to cook at the site so need a restaurant within reach for an evening dinner.

Duke & I will be stay'n at the big bear motel 6 (dog's allowed no chg!) on sat & sun night fer a resonable $100 fer both nights!

New to this board and saw this ride that me and the mrs. would like to join in on. Looks like fun run with some fun loving peeps. Is it OK to crash in as a first timer?