Big Bear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the finalized info is on the first page of this post. If you have any questions let me know.
Yeah, I have a question....
Has anybody put this route on a Garmin Map Source?
I have the route in mapsource but cant figure out how to post the link on here. Anyone know the secret?

If anyone wants a copy emailed to them send me your email via PM.

The route I made is from Starbucks in Sunland to the starbucks on Orange street off the 10/38 were we usually meet.

edit-to remove wrong map.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bunch of candy assed bitching complainers, needing Rs help with GPS, mapsource and reassurances. Please wean yourself from R and stop blaming him for not coming. If you can't follow Slappy or myself, Neil will lead you. :glare:

This should be a great ride, an added bonus to the simple run up Big Bear and down again. The weather forecast looks great and all we have to do is keep your cool rounding the curves and anticipating the .... (remember the PACE).

Hey, look on the bright side, there could be some brownies. :yahoo:

Yeah what Bill and Ed said, you bunch of sissys.

Dan, the problem with your route is two parts. Where you split of Tijunga to 2 is incorrect. You need to continue on Tigunga to the Upper Big Tijunga then go S to Angeles Crest. The part of 2 you went to is still closed we have to go further east to get on 2 according to the lady I talked to at Caltrans.

The second part is at wrightwood we stay on 2 to 138 instead of getting off 2 and going south on lone pine canyon road. If people want to we can take lone pine canyon road I dont really care at that point.

Finally if you want to take the northern loop at big bear its all good with me. I just figured there were going to be people that were going to need a pee break. After all there are no real places to stop until Redlands. Yes guys can pee in the trees but the ladies that are with us probably wont.

Yeah what Bill and Ed said, you bunch of sissys.
Dan, the problem with your route is two parts. Where you split of Tijunga to 2 is incorrect. You need to continue on Tigunga to the Upper Big Tijunga then go S to Angeles Crest. The part of 2 you went to is still closed we have to go further east to get on 2 according to the lady I talked to at Caltrans.

The second part is at wrightwood we stay on 2 to 138 instead of getting off 2 and going south on lone pine canyon road. If people want to we can take lone pine canyon road I dont really care at that point.

Finally if you want to take the northern loop at big bear its all good with me. I just figured there were going to be people that were going to need a pee break. After all there are no real places to stop until Redlands. Yes guys can pee in the trees but the ladies that are with us probably wont.
You da man

Route updated

google map

that just hurts.......................not really,if i need a friend that bad i go get a 50 dollar hooker,if i run outa money i call old michael.

All of the finalized info is on the first page of this post. If you have any questions let me know.
Slappy, since it is our FJR Forum dog-pile Friday and you have agreed to answer any of our questions: Is it true that johnny80s can eat 1/10th of his body weight at lunch? I know that in Nature, the Komodo Dragon, South American Condor and North American Wolverine can consume up to 1/10th of their body weight at one eating; but is this indeed factual and accurate info for johnny80s also?

Slappy, you've put together an outstanding ride with an impressive Cast of Characters. I do wish I could join you SoCal freaks and mooks, a great time will be had by all; just can't get away Saturdays.

beemerdons, to answer your question. No Johnny80 cannot eat 1/10 his own body mass. He can eat 1/5 his own body mass in one sitting in less than 2 hrs and finish with a piece of pie. Its like watching lions eat on wild kingdom.

The cast of characters are many. The scary thing is, its the same group for almost every SoCal ride. I just have to give a heads up to every town we pass through to hide the women and children, especially where we dine. We almost lost a 9 year old when he got between the buffet and johnny80.

Are all those roads open as of today, May 28th? I might meet up with you folks in the morning, but break off at newcombs ranch to head West towards Lake Hughes, Lancaster, the Poppy Reserve.

Marcusorelius and I will meet up with the group at the Big Pines Lodge. :)

meeting_place2.jpg

What time will you be there?

We should be there just before 10am. We are meeting at Sunland at 8:30 which means BS until 8:45. Get the fast group off at 8:50 Followed by the other two groups. I am hoping to make Arrowhead around 11:30.