Planning for: FJR Owners Volcano Ride #4: FOVR 4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in. And interested in an under armour shirt with logo. I would be willing to search out prices and designs if enough are intersted. Camping here.

From a a new guy definitely in. I can camp or motel as both situations work along with anything of the 1 - 3 days. Sounds like a blast and definitely thank you for planning this!

WRichStrom

Here's a flag for MrMung to take notice.
Thanks Snow for the note....

This ride sounds bitchin....

I agree the weather can be fickle that time of year....and at my stage on the calendar of life, I like to camp with a room number on the door.

Not sure if I can do a whole 3 days, but sure want to meet some of the members here, so I can put a face/bike to the interesting monikers I see.....

I will stay tuned.

Thanks

Not sure if I can make this yet, but it's on my calendar.

Been doing something similar for quite a few years with a bunch of Triumph folks (on my Sprint), which originally started as a Buell event, called "Splash" (Sport Lap Around mt St Helens). We do our Splash ride in July. We have several different routes depending on how far you want to ride, but our SuperSplash routes starts from Woodland, goes past Cougar and out to Troutlake, Glenwood, Klickitat, then down to SR14, then up Wind River Highway, then up the back side to Windy Ridge and on to Randle. Now, however, we start and end in Woodland. I think we had 28 bikes this year.

This year was our 10th anniversary. I had shirts printed, the back side looked like this:

SPLASH1.jpg

I have a neighbor who does screen printing.

Here's another. I like long sleeves.

St_Helen_FJR_SHIRT_sm.jpg

Snowmonkey has a shop that does this kind of work. Lets say for now, that he is the man to contact. Looking forward to meeting you and having a great time on some really good rides, and 2008 Volcano Ride. I'm available most of the time.

I had last year on my calendar, but I’ll not bore you with a lame excuse…..

I would be coming from Central OR and I agree with Snowmonkey….riding in less that pure sunshine is one thing, but I don’t sleep in the rain…… (id est - Been there – Done that – My quota FULL etc….) those that prefer to camp have my blessing and company until time to hit the sack unless of course the long range forecast is accurate and it is raining.

What do you estimate for road time on Saturday??? What is estimated time at Windy Ridge (just in case I can’t make it up Friday night?)

Moving it to later in June is a good idea (definitely for the Cascades)

Decals are nice; T-shirt okay, but not required; haven’t seen any interest in a swap meet and I really have little interest in one; Photos ops can be a good thing….. but not mandatory.

Sunday would definitely be breakfast before heading south……

I have wussed out 3 times to go to Mt St Helens, in 2001, 2004 and 2005. On all 3 trips, the volcano was a side loop at the end of a multiweek journey and you know how these things go near the end of a long trip, you kinda smell the barn and head for home by the more direct route. So I have been watching your Volcano Ride thread with interest these many years. When I factor in my two other missed points of interest Crater Lake and Yosemite NP, maybe this is the year that I catch all 3 in a special Missed Opportunities Ride Event (MORE? see already this ride is taking shape....). Planning starts now :D (oh honey what do you think of MORE.....?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.