PNW another end of season quicky

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Seems like we are all trying to get one in. Roads all good, single lane I90 eastbound in a couple spots on East side, single lane for a few miles West bound on Stevens. Did the 3-pass Snoqualmie-Blewett-Stevens Mon., stretched Snoqualmie via old 10 to Ellensburg to Fontanamans favorite Red Horse. The Red Horse stops serving breakfast at 1100, dang, still good food for lunch. If I am ever going to get cooked it will be on that beautiful Blewett asphalt, minimal traffic, such a sweet curvy road past the summit and on to Leavenworth. Instant-on radar oncoming would be a killer, course my partner was leading on his new (to him) ninja 1000, risk you take to lead. Trip was dry and cool, sunny in spots. The 59er diner at the lake Wenatchee cut-off on hwy 2 serves a great hot apple crisp. Left Clearview at 1000hrs, home at 1640hrs., 349miles. Got to squeeze those shrinking daylight hours.

Thank goodness. Now we who live in the boring south can continue to ride and not have to worry about being pestered with beautiful pictures of places we can't ride. :D

The Blewett Pass experience is way too short! I love it when I hear, "Make a U-turn". Stevens Pass on the east side is fun also. Sounds like you had a good day.

Keep Going!

Thanks for the report, James.

Blewett pas is where my first radar detector paid for it's self.:) :) :)
I wish I could say that, but they use a lot of laser there now. When the V1 goes off with laser warning, it's telling you to pull over for a spanking! Heading west up the pass was my last ticket a few years ago in my pickup. 71 in a 60 had me cussing that if I had only been going 2mph less I would have probably been okay. But the reality is that I was doing over 80 just a minute earlier and my internal voice told me to slow down and that reduced the pain of my performance award.
smile.png