PNW Fall Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. Holding it a little earlier this Fall so those from the North and East have a better chance of being able to ride in.

Saturday October 1st at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this also (Barb, Hudson, AuburnFJR

Since there is a large demand in the area, a few of us are going to do our valve checks later and help others get theirs done during the tech meet. With that said, we are currently limiting the number of valve checks to 3. Sign ups are first come first serve (If someone has expertise with this and can assist others please PM me so we may be able to help 1 or 2 more)

Valve checks:

1. Low and Slient - Gen II

2. Tom Edison - Gen I

3. AuburnFJR - Gen II

The valve check folks will need to be here early (8 AM ) so their bikes can cool down and get the bike stirped down and ready. I'll have mine ready to go so it is firat while the others are cooling down

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, I can accomodate up to 4 in the RV. Or there are motels about 5 miles away. Please RSVP if you want to stay here.

Lunch - BBQ (ribs and/or pulled pork - from Ahchiu) pizza and soda (please donate $5 to the cause), bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Campers:

Attendees:

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu (& Mrs.?)

Barabus (& Mrs.?)

McRider007

Tom Edison

Barb

Scout

sevntyss

wingshot

juniorFJR

allrider

LowandSilent

speedyegg

kirk

JamesW

sportsguy

jackal (formerly FJR13K)

fjrwalker (+2)

beacher

fontanaman

Jon_PDX

NW Jeff

Makuna

dzane (?)

Mount Rainier

MajBach

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for taking on this challenge again Auburn! From the looks of the list so far, we're going to have a very busy day...time to roll up the sleeves and get to work.

Looking forward to the fun. :)

--G

I'll sign up. I would like to check the valves if there is time. George I'd like to meet up again in Monroe.

Big rain and I'll bale. :lol:

IN

George, what do I need besides DOT4 for the brake bleed?

Hi Gang,

I'd love to see a valve check done (and maybe help out!). My bike doesn't need it yet but it's in my future!

Hummm... what to do on my bike... can't think of anything in particular.

I'll sign up. I would like to check the valves if there is time. George I'd like to meet up again in Monroe.

As it gets closer to the event, we'll set a few places for folks to meet up for the ride down. Regarding checking the valves...we already have three (or four) confirmed so it might be a stretch to add more. With your '05, make sure you have a valve cover gasket and the coolant tube o-rings.

--G

Nothing else barb, except a length of nylon tubing and a suitable catch container and I'll pack both those plus tools. I'll also bring a Mity-Vac, but there's something to be said for doing it the old fashioned way! Bring at least a half-liter of fluid for flushing both the brakes and clutch.

--G

As it gets closer to the event, we'll set a few places for folks to meet up for the ride down. Regarding checking the valves...we already have three (or four) confirmed so it might be a stretch to add more. With your '05, make sure you have a valve cover gasket and the coolant tube o-rings.

--G
You probably should add the thermostat o-ring to that list.

Oh boy, this will be fun as always. Anyone doing valve checks should be there early so the bikes get a good chance to cool down before doing the check.

Nothing else barb, except a length of nylon tubing and a suitable catch container and I'll pack both those plus tools. I'll also bring a Mity-Vac, but there's something to be said for doing it the old fashioned way! Bring at least a half-liter of fluid for flushing both the brakes and clutch.

--G

I also have a couple of mighty-vacs

--G
I was over @ LowandSlient test riding his Darkside ride, he said he need his valves checked also

--G
I was over @ LowandSlient test riding his Darkside ride, he said he need his valves checked also
Yeah...in desperate need to do that. If there are too many, let me know I'm SOL and I'll try and get the bike in to a dealer. Valves are the one thing I won't do on my bike without someone else there to walk me through it.

Also would need to flush my coolant and change the brake fluid as well (but I can always do the brakes on my own).

--G
You probably should add the thermostat o-ring to that list.
Thank you, I've just placed an order for the gasket and O rings. Hopefully I'll get there early also.

I am looking forward to attending this one. Was hoping to get some pointers on a couple of the 16k service tasks. In particular:

• General lubrication of pivot points
  • Fork oil change
  • Lubing stearing bearings