PNW Spring Tech Meet #10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be able to make it. I would love to "compare" my electronic home made TBS tool with a analog mercury version before and after a sync.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to attend. Hopefully I'll have her back together by then.
no.gif

Put me down as maybe and I'll try to confirm as I see what my son's baseball weekend looks like.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bryan,

Please put me on as a "maybe". Last couple of times I said I'll be there for sure I din't actually make it, so I don't want to jinx it again...

Thanks for hosting another tech day, Bryan (and Marissa)!

My calendar shows May 4th as being free, so please add me to the attendee list!

I don't have any maintenance to accomplish, but would gladly help with any maintenance on other bikes. I'll also bring my shim kit in case we need to adjust any valves. I could also bring a set of good ole mercury carb sync sticks if needed.

Count me in. I look forward to meeting everyone. If there is time and the possibility to do a TBS, then all the better.

Elliott

Thanks for hosting another tech day, Bryan (and Marissa)!
My calendar shows May 4th as being free, so please add me to the attendee list!

I don't have any maintenance to accomplish, but would gladly help with any maintenance on other bikes. I'll also bring my shim kit in case we need to adjust any valves. I could also bring a set of good ole mercury carb sync sticks if needed.
Gotcha, I have a shim kit already. Might bring the carb tune. I have one, but there will probably be several done this time.

Count me in. I look forward to meeting everyone. If there is time and the possibility to do a TBS, then all the better.
Elliott
Gotcha. There will probably be a two or three others plus the ones for the vavle checks being done.

Hey AuburnFJR,

I'd like to get busy with a fuseblock (under seat installation, power in to my smuggler, V1 on a shelf, perm power to my Garmin with the stock cable, Aux lights on the front fender, Voltmeter and power in to my tank bag) and hope to learn a thing or two from the GP guys.

Can you put me down for it?

V

RPK
PS:
Of course will I do that myself, yet need a few "knowing" hands to prevent me from ripping me bike in a bad way apart LOL.....

Jackass +1 Mr. Brian. Looking forward to checking out the mods. REALLY looking forward to suspension tech. Been trying to get by your office for a couple of weeks now but my work phone must have a camera on it because everytime I stand up the damn thing rings! I'll send you PM work so you can send me your address.

JC

Put me down for a definite "maybe". My social director may come up with a priority assignment, but I'm starting to make excuses already! Don't need anything done...I can still hear my late, great father, lecturing me "if it ain't broke...don't fix it". But I should be able to have a great time eye-ballin' and swappin' lies!

Hey AuburnFJR,I'd like to get busy with a fuseblock (under seat installation, power in to my smuggler, V1 on a shelf, perm power to my Garmin with the stock cable, Aux lights on the front fender, Voltmeter and power in to my tank bag) and hope to learn a thing or two from the GP guys.

Can you put me down for it?

V

RPK

PS:

Of course will I do that myself, yet need a few "knowing" hands to prevent me from ripping me bike in a bad way apart LOL.....
RPK - gotcha. There shoulde be lots of examples and help around

Jackass +1 Mr. Brian. Looking forward to checking out the mods. REALLY looking forward to suspension tech. Been trying to get by your office for a couple of weeks now but my work phone must have a camera on it because everytime I stand up the damn thing rings! I'll send you PM work so you can send me your address.
JC
JC - will be good to see the new ride

Put me down for a definite "maybe". My social director may come up with a priority assignment, but I'm starting to make excuses already! Don't need anything done...I can still hear my late, great father, lecturing me "if it ain't broke...don't fix it". But I should be able to have a great time eye-ballin' and swappin' lies!
Dana, I'm sure you will find a way to break free

WaBill - got you on the list

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our tenth tech meet!
Saturday May 4th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

I am working with Barry from KFG Racing (GP suspension) to come by for a couple of hours to talk to us about suspension set up and have him show us how to set the preload properly. I will confirm this once I have a chance to follow up with him again in a couple of weeks.

GP Suspension is CONFIRMED

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds - Barb,

Note: To clear up any misconception on the valve checks - You are expected to do the wrenching, we just help guide you through the steps, and make sure you don't get stuck. This is one of the more difficult maintenance items on this bike. If you are not comfortable taking the body work off, removing the tank and getting to the valve cover, please consider having a mechanic do the work for you.

We are limiting the number of valve checks to 3. Sign ups are first come first serve

Valve checks:

1. jmgrif (gen II)

2. BC (gen II)

3. Speedyegg (gen II)

The valve check folks will need to be here early (8 AM ) so their bikes can cool down and they can get the bike stripped down.

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, hamburgers, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Barabus (& Mrs?)

jmgrif +1

speedyegg

RPK & Mrs.

Sportsguy (& Mrs.?)