Ported Head

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently mr ionbeam, tough guy trash talker ..... has nothing to say. Yes, I know what I am doing. Sorry you were such a chump for pulling your heads and not doing anything with them.

^^^^^ Then again, that trash talking ionbeam may be typing this on this cell phone 1,000 miles from home at EOM and it's grossly inconvenient to reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently mr ionbeam, tough guy trash talker ..... has nothing to say. Yes, I know what I am doing. Sorry you were such a chump for pulling your heads and not doing anything with them.
If that was intended to be sarcastic, please add a suitable smiley.
If it was serious, I'd suggest a more conciliatory turn of phrase.

I don't always agree with everything Mr Chump says (though it's rare for me to disagree), but I always respect his opinions and advice, as do 99.9% of this Forum's members.

Note the number of posts to his name. Whilst post whoring doesn't necessarily mean knowledge and experience, in his case quantity definitely does.

Sit back, have a cold one, and please use a somewhat less antagonistic style to your posts. You may well have useful input for us, but insulting ionbeam will cause the majority here to ignore your input.

:drinks:

If that was intended to be sarcastic, please add a suitable smiley.
If it was serious, I'd suggest a more conciliatory turn of phrase.

I don't always agree with everything Mr Chump says (though it's rare for me to disagree), but I always respect his opinions and advice, as do 99.9% of this Forum's members.

Note the number of posts to his name. Whilst post whoring doesn't necessarily mean knowledge and experience, in his case quantity definitely does.

Sit back, have a cold one, and please use a somewhat less antagonistic style to your posts. You may well have useful input for us, but insulting ionbeam will cause the majority here to ignore your input.

drinks.gif
He clearly asked for an engineering plan, I gave one. He mocked my ideas, and gave none of his own. I refuted every point he made. No response.

It is all too easy to feel like someone is competing or putting you down when responding to a post. That is the nature of the medium. I felt that way a couple of times when I first joined a forum (actually, it was the usenet news groups back then). Some places you will find asshats who do that to boost their own ego, but we rarely see that here. People here are trying to be genuinely helpful. We do have our personalities, but that is part of the fun. This is a welcoming, helpful, polite group.

No need for this so let's keep it civil. It is an interesting project and I hope you can post up some pic's if you go through with it. It will add to the knowledge base for all. That being said I am happy with the bike as is and as Rushes stated. It is more capable than what I can do with it.

Dave

I have a friend with a C14 who delved into, what if's, with his bike .He is a much experienced engine builder. Shoodabenengineering.com

Many threads on the journey on COG forum

With remapping work (lots of it, on road, not on dyno) he was able to totally transform a stock C14. It all started trying to smooth out the choppy on /off low speed throttle.

End result was huge . (An unexpected ,nor really sought after 15hp gain). But not even going there, the bike is night and day smoother to drive. It feels slower by the butt dyno, but is considerably quicker, because peakiness is gone, and it pulls like a train from 2000rpm up to 10,000rpm.A side effect has also been a mpg increase of 5mpg by majority of the , now 100's of C14 owners who have reflashed with his map.

Only adding this to show that thinking outside the box is not necessarily a bad thing.

Now the C14 engine has/had much more untapped potential than the FJR has with it's ram air intake, variable valve timing, and secondary throttle plates, but SISF still thinks there is some reliable upgrade potential to the FJR ,IF, you want to run Premium fuel, but as yet the FJR ECU has not been cracked.

His stock 2012 C14 was slightly faster in acceleration,(from my 14 FJR) from 1st gear rolling drag race starts to roll ons at any speed. After his final edition of his flash that he has taken to market, It will frankly embarrass my FJR in street style acceleration comparisons, while at the same time NOW (slightly)bettering it in fuel mileage .

Don't get me wrong, I still love my FJR and don't think I would trade for a C14 (as I feel for a smaller guy (5'8") the FJR is a better fit) BUT had the new 2014 C14 performed as they do with his flash, I never would have tried the FJR because I was disappointed with the C14 driveability.

Very interested to see improvements without effecting reliability that can be brought to the FJR.

Also admitting that I, really have no need for anything better than the FJR as it is , EXCEPT to tune out the on off throttle snatchiness at low rpm.

Back to regular programming
grin.gif
offtopic.gif

Falsus, you lost me at "I put nitrous on my Acura Legend."

Just cause something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

Just post lotsa pics. Preferably on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator: