• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Possible Group Buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metric

Reaction score
I am looking at setting up a group buy for the trunk cases on the ol' FJR. Being that they are pretty expensive I thought before I got to far into this, I would just ask and see what kind of response I got. Originally I was just going to offer the '06 trunk, but we are now thinking there is no reason not to let anyone get in on this. Just to give you an idea, the trunk for the blue '06 lists for almost $590. We think we can sell them for $525 (plus shipping....and tax if you are in Kansas) if 5 or more people want to get in on it. Of course the mount kits will have to be purchased also and will be at a lesser price too. Seat backs will be discounted for those of you who would like to have that. I don't have all the prices for all the pieces figured out yet for all the pieces for all the years but everything will be discounted. Like I said before, we need 5 people to get in on this to make it possible, the more the better though. Any year, any color.....at least 5 people.

Let me know. If the response is good, I'll get things started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a GB, the 06 OEM trunk is already just over $450 from several dealers. Mount is under $100. FYI

Without a GB, the 06 OEM trunk is already just over $450 from several dealers. Mount is under $100. FYI

Make sure. That is less the cost on the '06 Blue case. That is just under list for the Silver case however. I don't know why the difference in price for the two colors. The silver trunk, or any of the trunks for the older bikes, will probably be $400-425. If someone is advertising them for lower, they know something that I don't.

I'll try to get all the descriptions, part #'s and prices put together by tomorrow night.

Alright, here's the skinny. Take a look and see what you think.

'06 Cobalt Blue Trunk. Part # 5JW-W0754-60-00 Group buy price: $525.00

’06 Rear Trunk Attachment Kit Part # ABA-2D261-30-00 Group buy price: $96.00

’03-’06 Back Rest Part # 5JW-W0772-00-00 Group buy price: $90.00

’04 & 06’ Cerulean Silver Trunk Part # 5JW-W0754-36-00 Group buy price: $396.00

’05 Galaxy Blue Trunk Part # 5JW-W0754-35-00 Group buy price: $396.00

’03 Silver Metallic Trunk Part # 5JW-W0754-00-00 Group buy price: $396.00

’03-’05 Trunk Attachment Kit Part # 5JW-W0720-00-00 Group buy price: $60.00

There needs to be FIVE trunks sold in this deal for it to happen. Doesn't matter the year. It doesn't have to include the mounting kit, although I don't suspect that there are many people with a kit laying around but no case. YES, the same case that was offered for the '04 (Cerulean Silver) is what now goes on the '06AE (also Cerulean Silver). Why is the '06 Cobalt trunk so much more....my guess is that it cost Yamaha more money to have new cases made in the new color then what it was costing when the other colors were made. If you want to get in on this, you have until Mid night on July 5th to PM me with your order. Your order needs to include the part numbers of the items you want, your personal information (name, phone #, shipping address...) and your Credit Card information. If you would like to pay by check, let me know and we'll get that worked out, but it needs to be done before the July 5th deadline. IF YOU COMMIT TO THIS, THE CASE IS YOURS. AT THESE PRICES, ONCE THE ITEMS ARE ORDERED IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND....SELL IT ON EBAY, I CAN'T TAKE IT BACK. Shipping charges are not included in the price of the items, that is an additional cost. I will be shipping via UPS and will let you decide if it is insured or not. Its your money and your trunk, I'll do what ever you want. If it should turn out that I receive some parts before others (back order situation) I will ship in the order that I received the actual orders if at all possible.

Any questions, let me know. I can be emailed at [email protected] or PM me.

Tell me what you think!