Possible Terrible Idea - Rear view camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have paddled my backwards into 3 cars over the years. All mine or a house guest's. My interest in the camera is to loose the giant ungainly mirrors. This requires a reflective substitute to work with the cam though.

Why are you guys moving your bike into a space you haven't looked at??!?!?!?!

If the mirrors didn't help, and you can't move your head far enough to take a peek, how is a camera going to help???

THIS is what I meant with my comment about not looking being our #1 complaint with cagers.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the time I've owned my bike, I've backed my bike into exactly............Zero things. WTF?? How does one even do that? As a matter of fact, I've never backed any of my bikes into anything. Before I get on it, I look back there anyway. This is an attempt to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

In the time I've owned my bike, I've backed my bike into exactly............Zero things. WTF?? How does one even do that? As a matter of fact, I've never backed any of my bikes into anything. Before I get on it, I look back there anyway. This is an attempt to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
Come on, give the guys a break, they've got an idea for a farkle and are looking for a reason an excuse to put it on the bike. Let them enjoy themselves.
Or are you afraid, if it catches on, you won't be able to sneak up behind an errant rider going a little over the limit ;) ?

Come on, give the guys a break, they've got an idea for a farkle and are looking for a reason an excuse to put it on the bike. Let them enjoy themselves. Or are you afraid, if it catches on, you won't be able to sneak up behind an errant rider going a little over the limit ;) ?
Haha...No. If someone doesn't see me coming in their mirror, one of those cameras isn't gonna help. I totally get the, "I wanna do this cuz I think it's cool." Just don't try to make it something more than it is. Like running a 190/55. I like it. Is it any better or worse? Probably not, but I like it, so I do it. Haha...

Well I guess the only reason I don't look when backing out of my own garage is I have done it a thousand times without an issue. It's called a habit. Maybe a poor excuse but it is all I can come up with at this time. I am sure If this doesn't work It will come in good use with my F350.

Dave

Well I guess the only reason I don't look when backing out of my own garage is I have done it a thousand times without an issue. It's called a habit. Maybe a poor excuse but it is all I can come up with at this time. I am sure If this doesn't work It will come in good use with my F350.
Dave
^^ THIS ^^

The only thing I've hit backing up is the garbage can my son left in the driveway when I was doing my usual, in the dark, back out of the bay to the left to turn the bike around. But I probably still won't install a backup camera. ;)